Salmond Vs. Darling - The Debate

ham89

Some of the more impressive Yes posters like Renton and Ad Lib are all but ready to concede.

Of course the clown collective arent at that stage yet but continuing to argue on here for them is the equivalent of finding a body that's been dead for months and attempting CPR

The crazy clown collective remind me of the Taggart comedy sketch when Taggart announced to the patrons of a pub that the police had found a man's head in the river. When asked if he was dead Taggart replied " we won't know until we find the rest of the body"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think , contrary to what anyone including Darling could have imagined , these debates now look disastrous for Yes.

Its becoming clear why Salmond shat it from Darling. He's been horribly exposed here.

His desire to meet Cameron and play the anti English and class war card made sense. He could trot out his usual schtick and play to the crowd.

Darling as s fellow Scot doesn't allow that act to work. Which is where Salmond is in a lot of trouble.

I bet he very much regrets agreeing to the second debate now. Might find that his diary has an unexpected entry now for that day.

I'd expect after scoring so big on currency for Darling to hammer Salmond on EU membership next time. He may not as its a bit of a zzzz topic but would again allow him to expose the SNP s lies and random claims of things they cannot promise.

I expect hell do it.

Darling said Scotland would be admitted to the EU during that debate. You may have missed it. Anything to do with negotiations is just arguing over semantics or would require seeing into the future. It's not like no have a more credible position either, jumping on every vague statement by a European official and using it as evidence. In fact to use your term, this was exposed by Salmond when he referred to the BT website and Juncker's statement.

Yes: it will be easy. No: it will be too difficult.

It will be somewhere in between and most people realise this now

Darling said Scotland would be admitted to the EU during that debate. You may have missed it. Anything to do with negotiations is just arguing over semantics or would require seeing into the future. It's not like no have a more credible position either, jumping on every vague statement by a European official and using it as evidence. In fact to use your term, this was exposed by Salmond when he referred to the BT website and Juncker's statement.

Yes: it will be easy. No: it will be too difficult.

It will be somewhere in between and most people realise this now

you are dead right somewhere in between ten and twenty years.

Salmond and the SNP will be damaged by defeat on 18th September, would not be surprised in 2016 if SNP win the election with no majority, so is there anyone likely to go into coalition with them, after the Indy campaign and the fall-out from it, a coalition would be difficult for everyone

You have that to look forward to.

You paint a very grim picture for Holyrood after a NO vote.

I tend to believe that in the event of a No vote, there will be an SNP government at Holyrood for more or less eternity. Something else the ''I'm voting no 'cause I cannae stand Salmond and SNP'' twats might want to consider.

I tend to believe that in the event of a No vote, there will be an SNP government at Holyrood for more or less eternity. Something else the ''I'm voting no 'cause I cannae stand Salmond and SNP'' twats might want to consider.

I bet that they will have to ditch free education to protect the NHS. No way they will be able to keep funding both.

Question will be, how much to charge?

Britnat Clown Collective. I'd have thought it was clear.

having to explain things, kind of loses the impact and a play on an original theme does not always work

things will be a little raw for a while,

politics like most things in life work in cycles , 2014 Scotland rejects independence, 2016 SNP wins Scottish Election, without a majority, 2021 SNP finishes 2nd in election to Labour, there you go dusted off my crystal ball

having to explain things, kind of loses the impact and a play on an original theme does not always work

things will be a little raw for a while,

Have you spent any time foreseeing what will happen after a NO vote?

How can you only spend all your time thinking the worst about independence and NO time thinking about why we are having this referendum in the first place?

Have you spent any time foreseeing what will happen after a NO vote?

How can you only spend all your time thinking the worst about independence and NO time thinking about why we are having this referendum in the first place?

feeling a little sorry for yourself today I see, not much will change after a no vote, most important thing will be a change of government at WM, I am a little offended by your suggestion, I spend my time just thinking about the negative aspects of independence, I feel I take on board what both sides have said and have made my decision, and the reason for the referendum, get the feeling at times it is just to scratch a 300 yr. old itch

feeling a little sorry for yourself today I see, not much will change after a no vote, most important thing will be a change of government at WM, I am a little offended by your suggestion, I spend my time just thinking about the negative aspects of independence, I feel I take on board what both sides have said and have made my decision, and the reason for the referendum, get the feeling at times it is just to scratch a 300 yr. old itch

Why would I be feeling sorry for myself?

We keep getting told that the Tories know what they are doing about the In-Out referendum, yet you say they won't get re-elected. Don't they know what their doing about the election?

It was nice of you to inform me that I offended you. Thanks.

It may be a 300 year itch to some, but it's a 6 year itch for me.

Jesus how sad must your life be to spend your time trolling a message board with patter like that

How sad your life must be.Unless you are using Shaksperian English. Was that your intention?

Well, as I've said before, to others, a lack of education is an extraordinary handicap when you are trying to be offensive. In your case the shoe fits so wear it.

You can keep Jesus's name out if it.

How sad your life must be.Unless you are using Shaksperian English. Was that your intention?

Well, as I've said before, to others, a lack of education is an extraordinary handicap when you are trying to be offensive. In your case the shoe fits so wear it.

You can keep Jesus's name out if it.

How you getting on with your spelling Scoth?

Archived