All Hurlford United Chat 2014/15

Killiepiyo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was out walking the dog at richardson today and still parts of it under water despite the sun and it's got the benefit of having a burn to drain into. Good point who ate the pies, tho Medda have been using that excuse since they last won it. The games ive been at its seems some teams go full out against us but should they not be doing that every game for their club?

was out walking the dog at richardson today and still parts of it under water despite the sun and it's got the benefit of having a burn to drain into. Good point who ate the pies, tho Medda have been using that excuse since they last won it. The games ive been at its seems some teams go full out against us but should they not be doing that every game for their club?

You're just as bad as the shit stirrers on the other side of the fence if I'm honest. Just my opinion mind you.

You not got any video editing to do. Oh sorry probably not as your game was off yesterday.

This is me the one, I've private messaged them to ask they identify/make it clear its f all to do with me but not sure what more I can do?

Anyway my point in posting, the pitch, I will ask the club if they can make an official statement or similar to address the questions.

My understanding of it and personal opinion, which in no way reflects how the club might view it, is as I've posted before, money has been spent on the pitch and before the terrace upgrade was complete drains were that run along the side of the pitch were dug up flushed out etc and appear to be doing their job. The most recent company was impressed with the grass coverage and condition/health of the grass for this time of year however.. the drainage is the issue. When the river runs high the drainage to the entire village appears to just stop and not go anywhere. I've been told this is to do with an issue with the main pipe which runs down between nisa and the co-op, the council are apparently aware but apparently but haven't acted as of yet.

So you could have the worlds most expensive drainage under the park but where is the water meant to go? the club would be better placed to say but as far as i'm aware experts are in the process of providing solutions but i imagine it will be close season before any major work is undertaken. Personally I'm gutted as aside from the loss in income these call off's have, it looks like it will cost us the league as well. So can understand the anger when games are off but I'd say it's Hurlford that pay the biggest price in the end. Anyway that's my view on it and hopefully they can put out some sort of statement.

Side note, club suffered some minor vandalism over the weekend, someone broke into my camera tower and chucked a tub of wood preserver all over the place. No serious damage but looking at the evidence someones shoes/trousers were ruined in the process haha.

Pretty poor regarding the vandalism. Mind you if it wasn't caught on camera then no proof it happened. Seriously though it's pretty poor this happens but you get arse wipes everywhere. Boredom isn't an excuse.

Haha, well the footprints and trouser marks is perhaps enough evidence to suggest it took place but yes camera footage would have helped lol. Anyway i've go some bingo to play and soup to slurp. Shot and edited a wee promo for the semi final last week i'll stick up later.

Serious question guys,,, will behind the top goals be open on saturday?

I don't think so. As far as I can remember they don't have the barriers for the support to stand behind.

Don't think the top side of the park will be in use this Saturday, Energy zone is right the barriers were removed some time ago to allow for work to be done, think there is plans for this area in the long term. I wouldn't be surprised if a banner was placed blocking the garden party chancers' view of the game however >:) lol

Don't think the top side of the park will be in use this Saturday, Energy zone is right the barriers were removed some time ago to allow for work to be done, think there is plans for this area in the long term. I wouldn't be surprised if a banner was placed blocking the garden party chancers' view of the game however >:) lol

Are there any other plans for upgrades to the park?

Hi folks, club have said "Yes there is a serious issue with drainage resulting in matches being called off, we are planing to address this as soon as practicably possible". Also surrounding the far end of Blair Park as people were asking if it will be open for the Talbot game, "The club is looking into what work is required to make this possible".

Hope that helps.

Please people, When attending the game on sat for gods sake don't spit on the pitch or the game might end up being cancelled, if you do feel the need to spit then do it on the terraces, the players have already been warned from what i've heard :thumsup2

Archived