Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

that he's fucking shite, wanyama spent 1 season there and got a big money move, brown;s been there for fucking ages and not a peep about any team in for him

tbf, the mark of a good player is not how many English clubs are in for you. I rated Scott Brown before he went to Celtic, and he's half descent for Scotland.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really poor there, not a single positive to take away. Total failure to apply any pressure; nobody looking interested in showing for the ball; giving the ball away all over the park. Izaguerre was murder; Stokes awful; Matthews terrible; Commons well off the boil.

Warsaw aren't even a good team, really - just competent and calm, two words that you certainly couldn't pin on Celtic right now. If we draw a team any better than e.g. Reykjavik in the UEFA Cup, we're going to get horsed again.

Credit to the Legia fans though - sounded impressively mental for the entire game, or at least the eighty minutes I was able to stomach.

If I was a ra Shellick fhan, surely the Europa League might actually present the chance of a proper run in Europe for a change. You still play decent sides, rather than just being pumped out in the Champions League group stages.

Legia Warsaw would be complete cannon fodder in the Europa League - as were Celtic when humiliated in the qualifiers against Utrecht and a group of dross in their last forays.

Given this hilarious result, their dunce manager and their extremely fortunate scrape past a pub-team standard Karagandy last season, I'd only expect the next opponents to add to the humiliation. They're hopelessly out of their depth in European competition, as it was before O'Neill and tens of millions of investment.

I wonder how many of TGFITW will slither into the qualifying tie. Probably League Cup-esque levels ie 8000 bumped up to 20000.

Scottish football really is utterly tragic, 3 of our biggest 4 clubs are slumming it in the lower leagues with Cowdenbeath and Alloa and our best team by a distance gets hammered by a bog standard Polish side.

It's laughably bad.

Who cares? So long as Celtic are on the wane and Rangers never get to the heights that their previous incarnation reached then it can be argued that Scottish football is improving.

Things can only be better without them.

That was fucking disgraceful. Nobody in the team played well. Deila's tactics were shite. There was just no structure to the team. Can't see him lasting long tbh. Hope we get pumped out the Europa League as well just to show the board we need to spend on players. Well done to Warsaw, they deserved it.

Credit to the Legia fans though - sounded impressively mental for the entire game, or at least the eighty minutes I was able to stomach.

Fs ano it was at murrayfield but surely the Celtic fans can't use that as an excuse for the ground being empty after 80 minutes....

Archived