Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It surely ranks up there with having all 6 Lotto numbers only to find out the ticket was invalid because it was for the draw the week before. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's a bit like that.

As I said before though, applauding Celtic as they net a £20m payout (either legitimately, or this way), is more akin to delighting in Prince Charles' good fortune as he turns up six numbers.

a) that the punishment was disproportionate and b) that the punishment was they were chucked out. ...

I would not have had to repeat the ruling and reinforce it's significance if you did not keep posting irrelevant tripe in order to support statements that are clearly hogwash.

Where Legia ended up is not the punishment meted out ... it's merely a consequence. Nothing more.

You can keep chuntering on and adding filly prose to your posts ... but the basic facts speak for themselves.

Hence I drag you back to them ... it's not my fault you refuse to understand.

The punishment was disproportionate. Even leaving this particular scoreline aside, awarding half a two leg tie to someone by 3-0 for a very very late appearance of a player who'd actually served the suspension, is disproportionate.

Necessary perhaps, but certainly disproportionate.

As I said, I think there may well also be doubt about whether this would have been the penalty, had the scoreline been otherwise.

Loving your LNS reference Monkey. :lol:

I cannot resist the connection.

Apart from the fact that some Celtic fans wish simply to hide in the folds of the ruling, as did Rangers fans when they got a favourable one too, there's also the glaring contrast in how registration irregularities have been addressed.

Legia don't get away with a genuine mistake which they flagged up and which did not benefit them in any way.

Rangers get away with systematic registration deception over a decade and a failure to co-operate with investigators.

Sickening.

I cannot resist the connection. Apart from the fact that some Celtic fans wish simply to hide in the folds of the ruling, as did Rangers fans when they got a favourable one too, there's also the glaring contrast in how registration irregularities have been addressed. Legia don't get away with a genuine mistake which they flagged up and which did not benefit them in any way. Rangers get away with systematic registration deception over decades and a failure to co-operate with investigators. Sickening.

And Celtic got away with...?

I cannot resist the connection.Apart from the fact that some Celtic fans wish simply to hide in the folds of the ruling, as did Rangers fans when they got a favourable one too, there's also the glaring contrast in how registration irregularities have been addressed.Legia don't get away with a genuine mistake which they flagged up and which did not benefit them in any way.Rangers get away with systematic registration deception over decades and a failure to co-operate with investigators.Sickening.

Cheer up. You can have a big laugh when we get pumped some more.

Just the ticket eh? :lol:

CAhSa96.jpg

Yes, it's a bit like that. As I said before though, applauding Celtic as they net a £20m payout (either legitimately, or this way), is more akin to delighting in Prince Charles' good fortune as he turns up six numbers.

Can I ask you something MT ?, if it had been Celtic who were punished for fielding an ineligible player would you still be bleating about how unfair it was ?, something tells me you'd be laughing like fcuk about it.

Loving your LNS reference Monkey. :lol:

Difference being, the SPL didn't even understand their own rules.

Good result for the co-eff though eh?

Actually GL the SPL knew exactly what they were doing in order to ensure the new club gained from the dead clubs ill gotten gains.

Can I ask you something MT ?, if it had been Celtic who were punished for fielding an ineligible player would you still be bleating about how unfair it was ?, something tells me you'd be laughing like fcuk about it.

I'll not deny it.

I think I'd recognise how extraordinary the circumstances were however and that someone had been hammered, while someone else had got bloody lucky.

It would be much funnier though.

Yes, it's a bit like that. As I said before though, applauding Celtic as they net a £20m payout (either legitimately, or this way), is more akin to delighting in Prince Charles' good fortune as he turns up six numbers.

I agree with your sentiments MT but how can things be changed? IMO only by us diddies being a lot better, challenging the top teams and attracting more support.

Well, that was easy. Mon the diddies.

Archived