Welsh support for scottish independence.

Heads of state that the UK goverment have cajoled and pleaded, with trembling bottom lip, to say "I hope the UK stays together" when clearly they don't really give a f**k either way, is another matter.

I'm not sure it's true that they don't care. It's much easier for foreign governments to deal with one group of politicians and not two.

The EU certainly cares about Scottish Independence. They absolutely don't want it, for a variety of reasons.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with people outside of Scotland having an opinion on the referendum.

Yes, that's right, not even the English.

The only people that really matter are those who have a vote in this. I'm not particularly convinced by the "Hands Across the Celtic Ocean" stuff myself.

The only similarity that Wales has with Scotland is that it shared the same island with England, but isn't England.

Otherwise the circumstances and histories are entirely different so any comparison is not at all meaningful. It will be decades before Wales has a referendum similar to the one we are having now, if it ever does.

yip. wales was invaded and annexed . Genocides committed against the welsh for 100s of years after . Wales is in effect still an english colony.

The lack of knowledge most welsh people have of their history and how the country has been and still being treated is shocking. Its also mind blowing how labour can do what they do to wales,Blatantly and deliberately prevent growth in the economy. Vote against any bill that would improve the welsh economy. Voting against giving air passenger duty powers to wales. Voting against giving wales control of their water. They supply merseyside and the midlands with most of their water btw. Labour voted against getting rid of zero hour contracts in wales. Its the same up here. Labour, lib dems, conservatives are all the same and are only interested in preserving the union at all costs. Even if that means wales or scotland loses out in the end. "Great britain" is on its knees, Its time unionists accepted its time for all countries to move on for the good of all. Noting will ever get better than it is, only worse.

Good to see the the SNP machine Yes Scotland still have the phone number of Plaid Cymru.

Good to see unwavering support for the UK's most irrelevant political party.

I think that's fair enough, as long as there is consistency.

Except there isnt consistency in the reporting is there? Those who are inelligible to vote who support the NO campaign or question the YES campaign are given headline spots on national TV and full page spreads in national newspapers. Those who support YES are ignored by both.

That seems to annoy you. Wonder why?

It doesn't annoy me. I am amused that anyone seems to think it significant that those also advocating independence for Wales (by some relatively recent polling, representative of precisely 12% of the Welsh electorate) are being actively encouraged into the debate about Scotland's future.

Meanwhile, those from outside, including the Welsh First Minister, who intervene in support of a No vote are told not to interfere.

Except there isnt consistency in the reporting is there? Those who are inelligible to vote who support the NO campaign or question the YES campaign are given headline spots on national TV and full page spreads in national newspapers. Those who support YES are ignored by both.

He wasn't talking about consistency of reporting.

In any case - Barak Obama voicing an opinion is more newsworthy than Plaid Cymru. Just how it is.

It doesn't annoy me. I am amused that anyone seems to think it significant that those also advocating independence for Wales (by some relatively recent polling, representative of precisely 12% of the Welsh electorate) are being actively encouraged into the debate about Scotland's future.

Meanwhile, those from outside, including the Welsh First Minister, who intervene in support of a No vote are told not to interfere.

So you will be further amused by those, particularly the Scottish Media, who attach significance to the view of Carwyn Jones and completely ignore the view of "12% of the electorate"?

So you will be further amused by those, particularly the Scottish Media, who attach significance to the view of Carwyn Jones and completely ignore the view of "12% of the electorate"?

Well, yeah. one is a story, the other isn't.

If Wales ahd a Plaid FM then i;d expect their views to be given roughly the same airing as Jones has

In any case - Barak Obama voicing an opinion is more newsworthy than Plaid Cymru. Just how it is.

Perhaps, however you dont find it odd that only those who voice an opinion which can be seen to support NO are reported?

If Wales ahd a Plaid FM then i;d expect their views to be given roughly the same airing as Jones has

Why would you expect this? When it hasnt applied to other prominent politicians throughout Europe, unless they are seen to be supporting NO.

Perhaps, however you dont find it odd that only those who voice an opinion which can be seen to support NO are reported?

Thems the breaks - lots of good and fair stories go unreported

Why would you expect this? When it hasnt applied to other prominent politicians throughout Europe, unless they are seen to be supporting NO.

Scotland having a referendum whilst Wales had a Plaid FM would be a fascinating sutation for the media, i think that itself would be a good story.

First Minister of Wales: an important person

Random Welsh people: unimportant people

Depends - has there been anything huge and important that has been unreported?

In what sense? Like a prominent politician from outwith Scotland offering support to one side of the campaign?

Archived