Central 1st Div 2014/2015

wishawloyal

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no being funny but why are they due a break? In my humble opinion they could easily go down. If it was not for Brogan they would be in serious trouble just now the guy should get a medal for the job he's done. It's a poor Lanark team he's had to work with and I have seen them a couple of times this season.

What games do you think they can win? I was going to say both Dunipace & Renfrew would beat them as well. Once I noticed that meant only a draw against Benburb I changed my predictions and gave them 3 points. That's why I think they could go down for Lanark to stay up they need to beat teams that still think they can get promoted? Bellshill, Dunipace,Blantyre, maybe Carluke & Renfrew? Nothing I have seen of Lanark think they are capable of doing that. Ps Maryhill are no pushovers at home either.

Of course they could easily go down. Your predictions could yet be proven correct however, having watched them myself throughout the season I also know that they are capable of winning a fair few between now and the season end.

What will be will be and, as we all know, at this stage of the season, injuries, suspensions and guys getting off work for midweek games all play their part.

Cabbage every one has an opinion but you are saying lanark have a shit defence and you fancy larkhall. Rewind a few weeks and I'm sure lanark won 5 0 v larkhall. Also larkhall must be running out of players they seem to get 2 guys sent off a game. But they are better at home. I fancy lanark to stay up.

the game is at petershills pitch

Bens have a friendly vs Johnstone Burgh on New Tinto Park tonight (Wed 8th).

I went to have a look when in the area last Saturday. Still plenty of work to do on the clubhouse. I'd say it'll be a while yet before the first competitive Bens match can take place there.

Cabbage every one has an opinion but you are saying lanark have a shit defence and you fancy larkhall. Rewind a few weeks and I'm sure lanark won 5 0 v larkhall. Also larkhall must be running out of players they seem to get 2 guys sent off a game. But they are better at home. I fancy lanark to stay up.

Lanark do have a poor defence. When Lanark won 5-0 Larky were struggling to get a team together that day with the suspensions they had which is no ones fault bar there own. Lucky for Lanark they did our they would be 3 points worse off. I just don't see Lanark picking up 7 or 8 points against the better teams with that defence. You are correct everyone has an opinion and thats mine.. They might well pick up points against Blanytre & Bellshill although I will no be putting any of my hard earned cash betting them at Mcbookies.

JC thanks very much for the information re Saturdays game, I contacted Brian and he said he was not sure where the game was going to be played.

Roll on Saturday another hard game but 3 points I hope for the Tin Pail.

JC thanks very much for the information re Saturdays game, I contacted Brian and he said he was not sure where the game was going to be played.

Roll on Saturday another hard game but 3 points I hope for the Tin Pail.

no worries mate. Yeah to be fair to bens they need to wait for fixtures to go up then see what's available. Yeah another big 3pts needed on Saturday

Bens have a friendly vs Johnstone Burgh on New Tinto Park tonight (Wed 8th).

I went to have a look when in the area last Saturday. Still plenty of work to do on the clubhouse. I'd say it'll be a while yet before the first competitive Bens match can take place there.

Game finished 3-1 to Burgh, good work out for both teams and impressed with Burgh , moved the ball about well and had a few pacy players up top, well maybe I just made them look pacy!!

Still a wee bit to go on the changing areas by the look of it but the surface is top notch.

Blantyre 4 Lanark 0

Was relieved to get away with this scoreline. We were well beaten by a good team today.

Gave away an own goal in the first minute. 2 down in 11 minutes and then we missed two absolute sitters inside the 6 yard box which could have helped us get back into the game.

3 down at ht but no changes made. Our selection puzzled me today, before we started shipping goals. We started both our veteran strikers up front and dropped our two pacy alternatives who have been causing defences all sorts of problems of late.

4 down in 50 minutes and then Blantyre missed a penalty shortly thereafter, hence being delighted we got away with only a 4 goal drubbing.

If Blantyre can cope with the glut of fixtures coming their way they have a great shout at promotion as they are the team who have impressed me most this season. Physical, in a good way but can play some good stuff. No 3 impressed me again today.

Benburb 0-2 Vale of Clyde

A game played in horrendous windy conditions. We scored our first on halftime with a great overhead kick by Derek Hepburn our second was from a very soft penalty awarded to us. Another 3pts and a clean sheet that will hopefully keep us up now and start preparing for next season to kick on

Benburb 0-2 Vale of Clyde

A game played in horrendous windy conditions. We scored our first on halftime with a great overhead kick by Derek Hepburn our second was from a very soft penalty awarded to us. Another 3pts and a clean sheet that will hopefully keep us up now and start preparing for next season to kick on

We need all the help we can get so am pleased for you for selfish reasons. We still have Benburb to play.

We need all the help we can get so am pleased for you for selfish reasons. We still have Benburb to play.

I personally hope you stay up as I love visiting and playing at Lanark

Archived