Confirmed Signings

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today we signed Uroš Celcer & Rosario Latouchent (both have been on trial for the duration of pre-season) and also re-signed Filip Kiss on a season-long loan from Cardiff again.

Left sided centre half and English League One journeyman Danny Seaborne signed from Coventry on a two year deal. Three pretty solid looking signings from us this summer, and we now look just about ready to string a good side together to start the season with.

It's interesting the contrast in the way the two Man City loanees to the SPFL have been treated by the media. In regard to Plummer, at St Mirren, he is a young guy looking to improve, yet with Denayer with Celtic he is a "whizzkid" signed in order to compete in the Champions League. However both players come from the same squad at Man City (the EDS).

It's interesting the contrast in the way the two Man City loanees to the SPFL have been treated by the media. In regard to Plummer, at St Mirren, he is a young guy looking to improve, yet with Denayer with Celtic he is a "whizzkid" signed in order to compete in the Champions League. However both players come from the same squad at Man City (the EDS).

Actually having done a quick search there its was very easy to find articles listing Plummer as a "whizzkid" "starlet" "highly rated youngster" and a "signing coup"

Actually having done a quick search there its was very easy to find articles listing Plummer as a "whizzkid" "starlet" "highly rated youngster" and a "signing coup"

I am not doubting that, but in general there is a subtle difference in the spin given by the media. This isn't Celtic's fault. It was just interesting to see.

It was quite interesting to read that some people were slating Celtics loan signings because they weren't getting a game for their parent club. I might be wrong here, but isn't that the point of players going on loan? If this Denayer lad was getting games for Manchester City, I don't think he'd be going on loan to Celtic.

Fifespud, on 12 Aug 2014 - 22:36, said:

'Bombscare'

As I said on the other thread, he was awful. He gave the appearance of being huge and dominant but players half his size had him all over the shop. He was dreadful.

Surely to f**k Celtic don't need another defender / there's a 18/19 year old in the youth setup who could do just as good a backup job?

My main problem with bringing in the Man City lad is that we don't have an option to buy, that is fine maybe if the manager sees him playing in Europe for us but as you say we have good young CBs of our own in Fraser, O'Connell and Findlay who are capable back-ups for domestic football, course it wouldn't be a shock if we end up selling Van Dijk and/or Ambrose before the end of the transfer window and then possibly Denayer ends up starting for the first team.

Interesting to see how the sherrif links up with big Sutty. He set up a fair amount for Higdon so if he's on form can imagine it being a good partnership. Also delighted with the signing, much love for Ojamaa.

Stopped reading at 'I'.

Archived