Germany v Algeria

1320Lichtie

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently fifa asked everyone to play in monochromatic kits but some countries refused, brazil and Mexico definitely wore contrasting shorts and shirts as did France today

Why didn't FIFA just make them?

Germany all over the place here, their defence has been shocking. Some lovely attacking play by Algeria though. They have to keep pressing as you would imagine Germany will start playing at some point.

I fully expect Germany to come more into it and begin to dominate, but for the time being I'm loving watching Algeria play.

Algeria vs France could be brilliant in purely footballing terms, never mind all the 'other' stuff.

Was there not some crappy FIFA rule introduced that every team's kits had to be the same colour all over?

Confuses me because there is a couple of teams who haven't followed that rule.

Their new rule is one "all light" kit and one "all dark" one, so many teams have gone with all one colour. Ridiculous if you ask me but they claim it makes it easier for refs to see contentious incidents.

Algeria could be 2 or 3 up already. Germany are another 'big' nation who look very ordinary this tournament.

Apart from anything else, they are a 'big' nation who seem like they should be absolutely fantastic. They have a great side and have looked for a couple of years like they might have what it takes to win.

With Brazil we've known there are weak links, but the home advantage has been their saving grace whilst Argentina had a reputation for having a fantastic attack and poor defence. Of the 'big three' prior to the tournament, Germany's only weakness seemed to be the unfavourable conditions. To me Germany's ordinariness is more surprising than anything else.

Archived