Derby County Vs Rangers Aug 2nd?

Was just about to post this. Raith Rovers have essentially the exact same situation on their hands.

Gordon Dalziel is our all-time top goalscorer, fired us to the Premier League (twice), captained the club to their first major trophy, scored a famous last minute equaliser in that very game.... came back as manager, was fucking hopeless, got sacked.

Now Dalziel is still the first name to be invited to nights like the Hall of Fame etc, he's still cheered like the club hero he is, he still doesn't need to bring his wallet to Kirkcaldy. It just didn't work as manager so we got rid.

The only difference between the situations is our fans aren't dribbling morons who'll lap up anything they're told to think.

That actually is a decent parallel.

In a playing sense, Dalziel probably has been as important to Raith as McCoist ever was for Rangers - you could even argue, moreso.

It just seems different with Rangers though. This idea of being a 'Rangers man' who displays that curious version of loyalty would appear to be this powerful currency.

Utterly bizarre and a big part of what makes them so vulnerable to chancers. The fans' buttons are so bloody easy to press, then press again.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

80db5d195864b2e61147a6d9a4480d65.gif

I'm very keen to lay into Mohsni for a grim assault on someone.

I've got to say though, that on the strength of that clip, he looks at least as much sinned against as sinning.

It looks more like a clash than anything and I think the Derby guy was guilty of a greater degree of recklessness.

Eta: Just watched it again. It's the afters isn't it? Yeah, ok.

Yeah he was obviously fouled, but his reaction is utterly idiotic. All he's doing is setting himself up for a season of strikers trying to wind him up

That actually is a decent parallel.

In a playing sense, Dalziel probably has been as important to Raith as McCoist ever was for Rangers - you could even argue, moreso.

It just seems different with Rangers though. This idea of being a 'Rangers man' who displays that curious version of loyalty would appear to be this powerful currency.

Utterly bizarre and a big part of what makes them so vulnerable to chancers. The fans' buttons are so bloody easy to press, then press again.

As would be Eddie Morrison.

Or Kenny Dalglish.

Or Alan Shearer.

Only at one club would someone with such a piss-poor record be rewarded so fulsomely, and lauded so relentlessly.

Sorry, two clubs. ;)

I'm very keen to lay into Mohsni for a grim assault on someone.

I've got to say though, that on the strength of that clip, he looks at least as much sinned against as sinning.

It looks more like a clash than anything and I think the Derby guy was guilty of a greater degree of recklessness.

Eta: Just watched it again. It's the afters isn't it? Yeah, ok.

was going to reply before your edit, being a target for a flying headbutt isn't recklessness...

All means hes been taken out off the ball but the reaction is mental.

As would be Eddie Morrison.

Or Kenny Dalglish.

Or Alan Shearer.

Only at one club would someone with such a piss-poor record be rewarded so fulsomely, and lauded so relentlessly.

Sorry, two clubs. ;)

As regards the salary McCoist is on, there isn't a lot the support can do about that, many are disgusted he's on what has been reported, as regards him being lauded relentlessly as you put it, as a player for the club without a doubt, as a manager not a chance as many Rangers fans simply don't rate the man as a manager.

As regards the salary McCoist is on, there isn't a lot the support can do about that, many are disgusted he's on what has been reported, as regards him being lauded relentlessly as you put it, as a player for the club without a doubt, as a manager not a chance as many Rangers fans simply don't rate the man as a manager.

What about as a bloke, with the best interests of the club at heart?

I'd have thought there must be doubt about that by now, regardless of how many he scored a long time ago.

What about as a bloke, with the best interests of the club at heart?

I'd have thought there must be doubt about that by now, regardless of how many he scored a long time ago.

I don't think there's any doubt whatsoever, MT. Try telling the berrz that, though.

Fucking hell 9 pages of the obsessed diddies commenting about a rangers pre season friendly. All in all a great day , a good piss up , and a great laugh. Just a shame about the football we had to watch .

I want a full match report featuring shoe horned in phrases. You promised.

After doing countless back to back interviews, McCoist was swamped for pictures and autographs on leaving the stadium yesterday, he stayed and signed every single one of em, whilst the bus driver was clearly getting pissed off waiting for him.

Last man back on the bus after wee Durrant (who was doing just the same). You can question his managerial ability, his tactics, his salary and anything else you want to throw at the guy, but he's a massive blue and a true Rangers legend in every sense!

He should have been the last man back on the bus after spending hours apologizing for playing McCulloch and Mohsni in the centre of defence after bringing in Zal and McGregor!!

He plays Black and Hutton in the middle of the park and Miller upfront on his own? His best bit of business during the summer was bringing in Boyd and yet he doesn't even start him in the last friendly before we kick off our season!!

He plays arguably our best central midfield player out wide as he wont give Templeton a run in the team. OK Temps is inconsistent but tell me a winger who isn't?

I said after our first season in the lower league he deserved another season to bring in his own players and TBH he did improve the standard of player last season and we started of playing reasonably well but when it became obvious we were going to stroll the league the team switched off. His only job was to keep them playing at a reasonable standard and he couldn't do it. One example of his poor management was playing Big Daly every week.. Utter madness as the big guy was dead on his feet come the end of the season..Partying after the embarrassment at Easter Road was another poor decision. I could go on with other examples but we all know he is never going to be a great manager..I wish it was different..I wish he could prove everybody wrong and he went on to be an all time great manager but that just isn't going to happen. He wont be sacked and he certainly wont walk away so we are stuck with him for now.

As a Rangers supporter the hardest thing will be when the fans really do turn on him. I am ashamed to say i was one of those that used to chant for 'Greig must go'. I was young at the time and look back with sadness that we were reduced to chanting that and protesting at the stadium to get him sacked. Yep ... It will be a sad day when we are reduced to chanting for another legend to go and legend he is and always will be..Just not a great manager

I am ashamed to say i was one of those that used to chant for 'Greig must go'.

Well it's good that he followed your advice and duly walked away...

...albeit it came about three decades later and it was more of a slinking away; therefore making Greig complicit in the events he should have been blowing the whistle on.

Still a legend though.

I'm spotting a theme.

monkey is going full out norman the day

I said it the other day. He has completely lost the plot. He spent the whole day agreeing with what i was actually saying but making up what he thought i was saying. I love it when they tell you what you are thinking :lol:

Archived