France v Germany

gullane

There's a thread going on Argentina v France so I think we need one for Friday's other match. I really think this could be a cracker. Logic says Germany but France have shown some flair and Germany haven't looked too secure when someone's had a go at them. Algeria nearly pulled it off and France have better players.

Hell - I dunno :unsure:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be a real shame if the flu puts Germany out. You don't want that at this stage of a World Cup. Hopefully it's not too bad, because I think Germany could struggle even at full strength. With both sides playing their first choices, it could be an incredibly tight game - extra-time and penalties could well follow. Germany still look a bit dodgy defensively though, and France haven't when I've seen them. I'd give them the edge because of that.

It would be a real shame if the flu puts Germany out. You don't want that at this stage of a World Cup. Hopefully it's not too bad, because I think Germany could struggle even at full strength. With both sides playing their first choices, it could be an incredibly tight game - extra-time and penalties could well follow. Germany still look a bit dodgy defensively though, and France haven't when I've seen them. I'd give them the edge because of that.

Now there's a phrase you don't hear often.

Allez Les Bleus

I don't think France have been properly tested yet where as Germany have had a few really tricky games.

Play Lahm at right back and they have a better chance. France need to drop Giroud and play Benzema through the middle.

This has the recipe to be a cracking game.

Really looking forward to this one too and I think at full strength Germany would struggle, and if they have even 3 or 4 key players out then I think France will win in 90 mins.

Hopefully France start without Giroud and stick Benzema up top with Griezman and Valbuena running the flanks with Pogba, Matuidi and Sissoko/Cabaye behind them I think they'll be too strong for the German midfield and pull their defence all over the shop.

I haven't been impressed at all with Germany, I didn't see the Portugal game to be fair. Their keeper/sweeper is fantastic though, he might keep them in the game.

I play fives at 5pm on a Friday so going to try and avoid score until I get home and watch it before the 9pm game.

Not been impressed by my fellow germans but i would not be surprised if they show their best girfuy match tomorrow. They been criticesed massively here and thats when they usually perform afterwards.

France however is praised and media/public is expecting much now.

Wouln t be surprised if we get into 5th gear tomorrow and beat them pretty convincing. never a good idea to write germany off and never a good idea to praise a french team.2:0 germany

france need to start with benzema in the middle with griezman in place of giroud on the left and valbuena on the right,use pace to get at the germans defence and I think france will win 2-1

First meeting in a major tournament since 1982 I believe since the Schumacher incident, plenty of historical rivalry too and two good teams so I'm excited for this.

Since 1986

The Germans look to have one of the deepest squads in the World Cup. I don't think flu will be major issue, provided they manage to contain it to the 7 currently infected.

I think this will go the distance.

This has the potential to be an absolute cracker. I didn't expect much from France pre tournament so have been surprised by how good they look. Pogba looks a superstar in the making while it looks Benzema looks back to his clinical best.

That being said I still have full confidence in the Germans not only winning this match but going in to win the World Cup.

Since 1986

Most players who play tonight have not even been born then i suppose. Before these matches the wole "history/rivalry" crap is dug out of the archives. Most french team supporters only started to follow after 1998 i have the Impressionen so no need to get further into the past.

Auf geht's / on y va...what ever.

Archived