Those who vote 'No' have no place in Scotland post-ref..

If it turns out to be a No vote, it's because not enough people wanted independence enough to vote for it. Never mind bullshit excuses. It's up to individuals to make their own choices and they're the ones to be held responsible, much like Yes voters as well.

Will I be disappointed? Of course. But I won't go pointing fingers and making excuses.

What bullshit excuses did you have in mind?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it turns out to be a No vote.

It will be a No vote. As much as that disappoints me, it's all too obvious that despite the rehashing of the same fears and worries put forward in the late 70's people still seem desperate to swallow it.

George Santayana, if he was still alive, would be nodding and saying, "I told you".

There will be no excuses, there will however be reasons and they will not be bullshit.

The main reason being people prefer being part of the UK.

Its not an easy decision. And there are a lot of pros and cons to weigh up.

I think it'd natural for the majority to revert to the status quo. It would be a real wrench to leave the UK.

I think Yes have run a pretty good campaign. No reason for recriminations.

Pretty much as the title says. Those voting "no" are just desperate for gentle caress of their colonial overlords. They should all be run out of town for their lap dog treachery. They will never be forgiven and they will never be forgotten.

Patronising guff! Are you saying if its a 51% Vote for Yes, then 49% of us should all then pack our bags and leave? Aye right!

It gets better and better on this board.

Patronising guff! Are you saying if its a 51% Vote for Yes, then 49% of us should all then pack our bags and leave? Aye right!

It gets better and better on this board.

Just go now Rob.

I hear Weston Super Mare is lovely this time of year.

Just go now Rob.

I hear Weston Super Mare is lovely this time of year.

Aye I've heard its nice mate but just back in from Belfast and spent a fortune, so might have to leave it a couple of weeks.

Great to see so many Scottish Brothers over there though, faith restored completely!! We'll never vote Yes in September, and you know it!

11w3bxk.png

The main reason being people prefer being part of the UK.

Its not an easy decision. And there are a lot of pros and cons to weigh up.

I think it'd natural for the majority to revert to the status quo. It would be a real wrench to leave the UK.

I think Yes have run a pretty good campaign. No reason for recriminations.

It's a great post and spot on, they just don't get it though!

Aye I've heard its nice mate but just back in from Belfast and spent a fortune, so might have to leave it a couple of weeks.

Enjoy the parties? Old Firm forum for this pish. We don't need this guff.

Do the No voters who are endulging an obvious troll with questions here, feel that they're vindicating their position by standing toe to toe against a vicious cybernat?

No voters much more keen and active in arguing with a pantomine troll than they've been in any of the "why are you voting No" threads. I don't get it.

I just have my opinion mate and won't change it regardless of the relentless canvassing by both sides.......everyone of legal age is entitled to their opinion and vote and I respect that regardless of whether it condradicts mine.

• 5 weeks later...

Or they actually wanted it but they thought it was too much of a risk to go for.

This is probably accurate. Most 'soft' no voters (including my girlfriend) I know seem to like the idea of independence, but think there are too many risks involved.

On the other hand most Yes voters I know are a lot more strongly committed to their view, but would probably vote Yes even if they believed every risk and scare story Better Together come out with.

This is probably accurate. Most 'soft' no voters (including my girlfriend) I know seem to like the idea of independence, but think there are too many risks involved.

On the other hand most Yes voters I know are a lot more strongly committed to their view, but would probably vote Yes even if they believed every risk and scare story Better Together come out with.

I'd vote Yes, even if I was told that the price of Independence was The Rangers winning the league every season for the rest of my life. :o

Pretty much as the title says. Those voting "no" are just desperate for gentle caress of their colonial overlords. They should all be run out of town for their lap dog treachery. They will never be forgiven and they will never be forgotten.

I don't willingly associate with Orange men or women socially, but I have met many and on the face of it they all are less bigoted than you.

I don't willingly associate with Orange men or women socially, but I have met many and on the face of it they all are less bigoted than you.

What a wonderful bit of subjection. It's lies of course, but I would love to "see your workings" in regard to how you reached this conclusion.

On one hand we have those who support violence, bigotry and sectarianism, while on the other you have me saying that those who campaigned against independence shouldn't reap the rewards that independence brings. That's not bigotry, but don't let your delicate grasp of etymology stop you from justifying your statement. To coin Frank'n'Furter, I am shivering with antici.. ..pation

I additionally think that there's quite a few folk out there that intend on voting Yes but when asked by people about what they think, they say undecided (or maybe even BT) to i) not come across all Braveheart or ii) if Scotland goes independent and it goes tits up then other folk can't point the finger at them and say "this is all down to you".

I'd also imagine that the majority of the undecided voters will vote Yes in the end as they've obviously thought about / weighed up the arguments much more rather than making a decision a while back and being stubborn about it to the end.

Finally, I personally think that anyone who's fully made their mind up (ie totally committed) just now without giving others an opportunity to voice any additional arguments between now and the time they have to vote is (to use the classic P&Bism) 'doing it wrong'.

I additionally think that there's quite a few folk out there that intend on voting Yes but when asked by people about what they think, they say undecided (or maybe even BT) to i) not come across all Braveheart or ii) if Scotland goes independent and it goes tits up then other folk can't point the finger at them and say "this is all down to you".

I think that probably goes both ways. I've noticed quite often when the topic of independence is brought up people often claim to be undecided, but as the discussion goes on it becomes clear they are supportive of one side or the other. I think people worry about admitting the way they wish to vote until they are sure they won't be the only person with that view in the group.

Archived