World Cup Final 2014!

Would love to see Argentina win it not just because it will be in Brazil but for Messi. What a player he is.

He and the other 10 will have to play well to get near Germany.

Not sure who I want to win, TBH. I always back Germany at major tournaments, but I'd love it if Messi won it to shut up all the people who say he's not done it at a World Cup.

He's not done it at a World Cup. Poor man's Maradona.

He does well thrashing nobodies with Barcelona.

Germany v Argentina, bring it on.

Wanting Messi to steal the show and an Argentina win in the Maracana!

I reckon the whole of brazil would go into a meltdown if argentina win the world cup at the maracana,c-mon the argentina

For Argentina to really deserve a win, they have to perform considerably better than they have so far. Germany have to be massive favourites, but then they have bottled it before

One question for all the ones that want Argentina to win it "for Messi". If the "he hasn't done it at a World Cup" argument is so terrible, then why is it so important that a side that has arguably been inferior to Sunday's opponents has to win the World Cup to prove said argument? Messi hasn't been anywhere near his best in the tournament, so unless he pulls one out of the bag, not sure the team deserves a World Cup over Germany just because of him.

Archived