simpson and family guy crossover

forever_blue

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer Family Guy's later series (around 5-9) but by its very concept it's going to be very hit and miss. I don't think American Dad gets enough credit though. It's a really good show.

American Dad! is a lot better than Family Guy. No Family Guy character even comes close to Roger or Principal Lewis. The main thing Family Guy has going for it is the pop culture references and "critiques" (although The Simpsons used to do it better) - it has always been hit and miss but it's definitely more miss than hit now.

During its peak you could make a strong case for The Simpsons being the greatest TV of all time. Shame we've endured 14/15 seasons of dross, with the occasional good episode.

During its peak you could make a strong case for The Simpsons being the greatest TV of all time. Shame we've endured 14/15 seasons of dross, with the occasional good episode.

The Run Lola Run parody (Linguo is dead) is the only post Season 10 episode that I think matches up with the classics and even that episode is 13 years old now.

American Dad is brilliant. As noted Principal Lewis is a brilliant character, especially in later series. There was an episode on last night where he was raging at a teacher for rolling her eyes at Steve that had me almost crying with laughter. Love the Forrest Whittaker type cop who appears every so often as well.

The best character though is Bullock by far. Some of the things he comes out with are tremendous. The fact that it's Patrick Stewart, a distinguished and respected actor who's done Shakespeare on stage, makes it all the better. I love how he has no pretention and is prepared to say stupid nonsense.

Also Francine > Lois Griffin

Hayley > Lois Griffin

Best episodes are the 'Hot Tub' episode (downloaded the songs from it yestetday because they're so good!), the 'Rapture' episode (like a mini film; it's actually astonishingly good), the 'My Morning Jacket' episode (which got me in to that band) and the episode where Barry doesn't take his pills and is revealed to be an evil genius. When he says "I'm Barry" in a debonair voice it cracks me up every time.

American Dad is brilliant. As noted Principal Lewis is a brilliant character, especially in later series. There was an episode on last night where he was raging at a teacher for rolling her eyes at Steve that had me almost crying with laughter. Love the Forrest Whittaker type cop who appears every so often as well.

The best character though is Bullock by far. Some of the things he comes out with are tremendous. The fact that it's Patrick Stewart, a distinguished and respected actor who's done Shakespeare on stage, makes it all the better. I love how he has no pretention and is prepared to say stupid nonsense.

Also Francine > Lois Griffin

Hayley > Lois Griffin

Best episodes are the 'Hot Tub' episode (downloaded the songs from it yestetday because they're so good!), the 'Rapture' episode (like a mini film; it's actually astonishingly good), the 'My Morning Jacket' episode (which got me in to that band) and the episode where Barry doesn't take his pills and is revealed to be an evil genius. When he says "I'm Barry" in a debonair voice it cracks me up every time.

Bullock is easily the best. The episode where he's pumping Hayley is hilarious :lol:

Predictably folk are saying it looks shit etc.

I think it look decent. As mentioned above Homer's reply to Peter about the gorge jump was tremendous

yeah that was good, seems like a lot more family guy orientated though looking at the fight scenes and the jokes used

The greatest comedy cartoon was The Critic. I think they only made 2 seasons or something like that, and by now it's well dated, but it was just phenomenal at taking the piss out of films. You can get all the full episodes on YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Archived