What happens after a NO?

loyal-blue

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll let you into a secret.

Scotland, as seen from Brussels, is just a region. No more, no less.

I'll let you into a bigger secret. I couldn't give a shite about Brussels. In or out makes no difference to me :)

It would be nice for the yes to camp to state that they will go with the majority decision since they are democrats allegedly.

When pressed they have just talked about 'lifetimes' and 'generations'; its clear that a yes vote will be accepted and Salmond has 'plans' for everyone to get behind that decision; but the position of accepting a no vote and everyone getting behind that is not so clear.

The amount of MEP's we'd send would double, and we'd be an actual individual state member of the EU. So clearly Scotland's voice would louden, which should suit you with you being a fan of the Louden.

Don't think Rangers fans will agree...

It would be nice for the yes to camp to state that they will go with the majority decision since they are democrats allegedly.

When pressed they have just talked about 'lifetimes' and 'generations'; its clear that a yes vote will be accepted and Salmond has 'plans' for everyone to get behind that decision; but the position of accepting a no vote and everyone getting behind that is not so clear.

All that will happen is an increase in the ranks of the disengaged,

What do you think should happen?

I thought your narrative was that it won't happen, was never going to happen.

even if Yes ran a perfect campaign maybe there was too much to do?

It is - yes. I think Yes has run a decent campaign, but all political campaigns have major fall outs as part of them.

We've seen Yes sack several employees mid stream, Harvie himself get involved reluctantly as he saw it as an SNP controlled front , Blair Jenkins' dreadful leadership and parroting of SNP fail, even when at odds with other board members like Canavan, Fox and Harvie himself.

I don't think it's made any difference to the overall result, but there will still be elements of the Yes campaign that those inside it will feel could have been managed a lot better.

It is - yes. I think Yes has run a decent campaign, but all political campaigns have major fall outs as part of them.

We've seen Yes sack several employees mid stream, Harvie himself get involved reluctantly as he saw it as an SNP controlled front , Blair Jenkins' dreadful leadership and parroting of SNP fail, even when at odds with other board members like Canavan, Fox and Harvie himself.

I don't think it's made any difference to the overall result, but there will still be elements of the Yes campaign that those inside it will feel could have been managed a lot better.

We'll worry about that after the vote, Salmond will either attain hero status or villification, some of the NO camp will be treacherous cnuts forever regardless of the outcome.

We'll worry about that after the vote, Salmond will either attain hero status or villification,.

Why?

I don't think it's Salmond's fault that Yes are going to lose. He's one of the main assets of the campaign, win or lose.

Why?

I don't think it's Salmond's fault that Yes are going to lose. He's one of the main assets of the campaign, win or lose.

I don't think YES are going to lose full stop, if they happened to then certain decisions would be scrutinised, I agree with their stance on a plan B for the currency union but that stance will be seriously questioned if NO happens to win.

Everyone should get behind the result, accept it and move on.

That's a strange turn of phrase.

There is no way I will be 'getting behind the result' - like admitting I was wrong all along. I'll accept it and move on - as will the vast majority of those on whatever side loses. Life will gradually return to normal if a No vote is returned. The arguments for independence will never go away - but they'll have to be put to one side for a while.

If Yes wins then politics in this country (yes H_B, a country) will get even more interesting.

There wont be a NO.

YES will win.

All this pish is to give doubt to a YES win.

They hope it will make YES voters think that there is no chance of winning and that might make you feel theres no point on turning up to vote.

All part of their underhand tactics.

There wont be a NO.

YES will win.

They hope it will make YES voters think that there is no chance of winning and that might make you feel theres no point on turning up to vote.

I think YES might be using the same tactic to keep us on our toes.

There wont be a NO.

YES will win.

Wow some yes voters must have really strong convictions if an internet thread speculating about a no result will change their opinion.

Open debate part of underhand tactics ? Another democrat speaks !

If Yes wins then politics in this country (yes H_B, a country) will get even more interesting.

It probably would, in the short term. There'd be a scramble for relevance from the non-SNP parties.

It probably would, in the short term. There'd be a scramble for relevance from the non-SNP parties.

They will also probably be "on the verge of tears".

Archived