What happens after a NO?

loyal-blue

Sorry but the way I see it is that if we vote no we are voting to remain a region of the UK and not an independent country.

No point pretending we're a country when the majority think we're incapable of being one.

I'll let you into a secret.

Scotland, as seen from Brussels, is just a region. No more, no less.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll let you into a secret.

Scotland, as seen from Brussels, is just a region. No more, no less.

I'll let you into a bigger secret, Scotland as seen from Brussels, is just a region within a region. No more, no less.

I'll let you into a bigger secret, Scotland as seen from Brussels, is just a region within a region. No more, no less.

And outwith the bigger region, Scotland is ripe for being ransacked when it has only 18 months to get it's arse in gear but wants to get into this "free trade area". Guffaw.

And the UK as whole doesn't have much of a voice in the European Union so how loud do you think that of Scotlands will be? An independent Scotland would be granted admission to the EU, on unfavourable terms, and will be an almost irrelevance. Why Alex Salmond is pro-EU anyway is absolute mystery to me.

And outwith the bigger region, Scotland is ripe for being ransacked when it has only 18 months to get it's arse in gear but wants to get into this "free trade area". Guffaw.

That'll suit you fine, you don't want them to be in it anyway.

And the UK as whole doesn't have much of a voice in the European Union so how loud do you think that of Scotlands will be? An independent Scotland would be granted admission to the EU, on unfavourable terms, and will be an almost irrelevance. Why Alex Salmond is pro-EU anyway is absolute mystery to me.

Because business keeps saying it's best.

Most businesses are pro-United Kingdom also. Doesn't stop Salmond from disagreeing with them. :)

Where are you getting this from?

So you think the cost to Scotland of HS1, HS2, HS3 is a better option?

The upkeep of Trident and the replacement of Trident are better options?

The amount of MEP's we'd send would double, and we'd be an actual individual state member of the EU. So clearly Scotland's voice would louden, which should suit you with you being a fan of the Louden.

Scotland has better representation as part of the United Kingdom. That's just a fact. :)

Edit: On far better terms also than what Scotland would have to agree to in order to join.

And the UK as whole doesn't have much of a voice in the European Union so how loud do you think that of Scotlands will be?

Jean-Claude Juncker will be President of the EU. He is a former Prime Minister of Luxembourg. :blink:

Scotland has better representation as part of the United Kingdom. That's just a fact. :)

You're churning out plenty of facts today, we just need a wee bit of evidence to make sure they're accurate.

It will be interesting to see the post-defeat fallout from the Yes campaign, rather than the SNP.

I'd be fascinated to hear Patrick Harvie's take on where he thinks things went wrong, and who he felt let the side down. There's obvious "cabinet responsibility" just now, but I'm sure in the months following September there will be a few knives sharpened and placed firmly between shoulderblades.

Let's hope so anyway.

Edit: On far better terms also than what Scotland would have to agree to in order to join.

You must be right. I'm sure that all of the UKs EMPs will be looking out for whats best for Scotland. Especially our UKIP EMPs. Thats what they went there to do.

Twat.

It will be interesting to see the post-defeat fallout from the Yes campaign, rather than the SNP.

I'd be fascinated to hear Patrick Harvie's take on where he thinks things went wrong, and who he felt let the side down. There's obvious "cabinet responsibility" just now, but I'm sure in the months following September there will be a few knives sharpened and placed firmly between shoulderblades.

Let's hope so anyway.

I won't be interested in the post-defeat fallout from the NO campaign in the slightest, I'll be straight into Ayr High Street to party with everyone.

What you've posted is not a fact, and can be easily disproven. Sending 6 MEP's when similar sized countries send 7-13 means the likelihood is that we'll be better represented post independence.

That's my opinion based on facts. :)

And the UK has more than 70. :)

Let's hope so anyway.

Wish I could say the same about the post No defeat fall out. But it won't matter to me in the slightest

Let's hope so anyway.

I thought your narrative was that it won't happen, was never going to happen.

even if Yes ran a perfect campaign maybe there was too much to do?

Archived