Govan Stand

Famous, revered player - dies when still relatively young and attached to the club. Honouring him in this way sounds reasonable enough.

He's actually a guy who plummeted in my estimation for the stuff quoted by WRK earlier. Of all the insane voices spouting irresponsible, spiteful nonsense in 2012, his was about the worst, coming as it did from a prominent platform. I'd always seen him previously as this decent, quietly spoken gentleman that some still attempt to characterise him as.

At other clubs, performances like his then might have sullied his reputation; at Ibrox it got enhanced.

It's possible to see this act as ostensibly reasonable enough, while conceding (as I think only No8 manages among Rangers fans on here) that there's also something perhaps opportunistic about the board's actions here too.

I've noticed before that some topics simply cannot be discussed on here rationally as blinkers go on. Entirely respectful and measured mentions of the Ibrox disaster have been shot down before and it now seems that criticism of Jardine' s conduct cannot be accepted either.

It's pretty silly really.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and round and round we go...You know exactly what he meant. Its a bit like the Haggerty calling Rangers supporters 'The Klan'....sorry WRK i am not getting into these arguments over the exact terms being used. Rangers have honoured greats of the club in a similar way so it makes his claim a nonsense.

I actually can see the point you and the junkie are trying to make but m aybe if you hadn't described a Scottish Footballing great as a 'c**t with cancer' others would be prepared to debate properly with you. For the record i was given a 2 day ban for far far less. I don't know how that one was allowed to slide.

I know exactly what he said - and exactly the examples you used in rebuttal. Only one of you was wrong, and it wasn't him.

Maybe if you stopped trying to beat me with the tired old stick of referring to Jardine as a cúnt, and then pointing out that his illness made no difference to his character, I might not think that you were trying to deflect from making a tw@t of yourself in a spat with a celtic fan.

You were banned for far less? A "harmless" wee joke about jigaboos, was it?

Nobody can help their skin colour. Jardine chose to threaten and rabble-rouse.

Famous, revered player - dies when still relatively young and attached to the club. Honouring him in this way sounds reasonable enough.

He's actually a guy who plummeted in my estimation for the stuff quoted by WRK earlier. Of all the insane voices spouting irresponsible, spiteful nonsense in 2012, his was about the worst, coming as it did from a prominent platform. I'd always seen him previously as this decent, quietly spoken gentleman that some still attempt to characterise him as.

At other clubs, performances like his then might have sullied his reputation; at Ibrox it got enhanced.

It's possible to see this act as ostensibly reasonable enough, while conceding (as I think only No8 manages among Rangers fans on here) that there's also something perhaps opportunistic about the board's actions here too.

I've noticed before that some topics simply cannot be discussed on here rationally as blinkers go on. Entirely respectful and measured mentions of the Ibrox disaster have been shot down before and it now seems that criticism of Jardine' s conduct cannot be accepted either.

It's pretty silly really.

What did he say that was distasteful?

Did SJ win the European Cup? or is Tedi resorting to making things up again?

Fucking hell teds. First five stars now this. Do you actually know anything about the old club's history?

Aye, I'll go trawling through the entire forum for you to come up with some nonsensical rebuttal. My point, perhaps not clear, is that younger bears know of him through stories they've been told and perhaps the odd dusty VHS viewing. I saw him (and Baxter, Greig, Henderson and the like) play on numerous occasions.

"rangers legend" he may be - this is a description created, used and respected by, and only by, rangers fans. He was a footballer, ffs. A footballer who played for rangers and who, if we want to dig a wee bit deeper, fucked off to play for a better team when rangers were a bit shit. Club legends are people like Garry Hay, George Maxwell, or Alan Robertson. Even John Greig - if you forgive him having it on his toes when things started warming up in the endgame.

Jardine's behaviour during the clusterfuck of 2012 was despicable, and a decent club would have reined him in for damaging their reputation. Unfortunately, he was just what rangers needed to get the Horde onside. As for the fabled charity work, I'm not sure that's a line I'd advise any rangers fan to go down.

From the outside, the rangers fans' desperation for something to celebrate is becoming embarrassing. in recent times, you could wrap a turd in a Union Jack and they'd parade it at ibrox.

You really haven't a clue as regards Jardine, have you. "Fucked off to play for a better team when Rangers were a bit shit", your words, Jardine played from the club from 1965 to 1982, had successful years and a good few not so great years with Rangers, when he joined Hearts they were in the first division, hardly making a move to a better team, he was 36 when he left Rangers for Hearts as he wanted the chance to play for his boyhood club, nothing wrong with that. He is deserving of the honour of having a stand or anything else that is deemed appropriate by the club and support, add to that i have no doubt that Hearts and their fans hold him in the highest regard also.

Is norman seriously suggesting few rangers fans knew of jardine before a few years back. The guy is in the hall of fame, was part of the 1972 european cup winners cup team and played in some of the great rangers squads of the 70's :lol: and you said I was out my depth. What a tit

How'd he manage that Ted?

Did SJ win the European Cup? or is Tedi resorting to making things up again?

Fucking hell teds. First five stars now this. Do you actually know anything about the old club's history?

christ sake I think we can all see tedi probably meant to say European cup winners cup medal ffs. this stuff is tedious as f**k now. even most non rangers fans can see the zoomers that hang about here for what they are.... obsessed zoomers :lol:

I would like to put across my outrage at man united renaming a stand after alex Fergusson, truly shocking stuff there. horrific they can get away with it in this day and age tbh....

Would you?

Seems odd.

I don't think there's much outrage evident on this thread; just some cynicism about the board's motivations.

Aye, I'll go trawling through the entire forum for you to come up with some nonsensical rebuttal. My point, perhaps not clear, is that younger bears know of him through stories they've been told and perhaps the odd dusty VHS viewing. I saw him (and Baxter, Greig, Henderson and the like) play on numerous occasions.

"rangers legend" he may be - this is a description created, used and respected by, and only by, rangers fans. He was a footballer, ffs. A footballer who played for rangers and who, if we want to dig a wee bit deeper, fucked off to play for a better team when rangers were a bit shit. Club legends are people like Garry Hay, George Maxwell, or Alan Robertson. Even John Greig - if you forgive him having it on his toes when things started warming up in the endgame.

Jardine's behaviour during the clusterfuck of 2012 was despicable, and a decent club would have reined him in for damaging their reputation. Unfortunately, he was just what rangers needed to get the Horde onside. As for the fabled charity work, I'm not sure that's a line I'd advise any rangers fan to go down.

From the outside, the rangers fans' desperation for something to celebrate is becoming embarrassing. in recent times, you could wrap a turd in a Union Jack and they'd parade it at ibrox.

Given your age i very much doubt that you saw Baxter on numerous occasions, as Baxter retired from the game in 1970. We can all be pedantic. :)

Archived