Police stop and search Scots 9 times more than New York

What company would rely on their staff taking drugs??? that's completely absurd

I'm not going to sit and name names, but in the UK the market makers tend to be bad for it, mostly as they do a lot of "Client entertainment" in an attempt to win contracts with brokerage firms. Over here there are a lot of companies whoo do "Bespoke financial solutions" for the institutes, again it's the sales staff in particular, and the traders to a lesser extent, who are known for it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what about the hours and beds used up in hospitals treating said drug users ? bit of fuss there I'd say

If the government legalised drugs they could tax them and pay for that side of things and then some but that's a debate for another thread.

It's based on class and race? Is that the official line?

Humouring you for a moment, if people are carrying £500 worth of cocaine around with them for their own personal use and not dealing then why would you care if they were not being stopped and searched?

I wouldn't care but then I wouldn't care about neds with £5 worth of vallium if they weren't bothering anyone either.

I would however recognise that perhaps taking £500 worth of class A drugs off the street was better than taking £5 of class C drugs off the street and that the law views one as being cosiderably worse than the other.

Given the choice though I'm pretty sure most coppers would go for the poorer class of drug user.

Want another example? Cops have a choice of raiding 2 addresses suspected of supplying class C drugs, one is a flat in a shady part of town where someone is dealing downers which cause people to lie around doing nothing and one is a rugby club where a dealer is selling steroids which cause 'roid infused idiots to beat up their wives.

Do you think the cops will be more likely to go after the middle class punters who are causing other problems in society or the poor folks who aren't?

Shocked to find StandFree is a classist happy clapper for the state tbh. Stop & search, as others have pointed out, disproportionately targets the lower classes and ethnic minorities out of prejudice.

If that sounds a really obvious statement then that's because it's ridiculous to try and argue against it.

Pish poor example given the fact domestic abuse is basically one of the polices' highest priorities. You've once again shown that you are a very ignorant person.

Pish poor example that you took time out to respond to but didn't actually answer. It was also one of two examples, one of which you chose to display willful ignorance over and pretend didn't exist.

Would you be more likely to target the neds selling downers or the middle class guy selling steroids? You'll notice I didn't actually answer that question but you still thought I was a 'very ignorant person' just for having asked it.

Why does it upset you when people point out the crass class bigotry exhibited by the institution which you represent?

Stop and search is very unpopular if it happens to those of us with nothing to hide but we somehow warrant a check. (age, skin colour and appearance may be applicable here).

To me it is cheap and lazy policing and not a good state of affairs for society as a whole. It gives a free hand to the suspecting PC's to do as they wish and then they wonder why they are hated.

Sledgehammers and nuts springs to mind.

Archived