Police stop and search Scots 9 times more than New York

For some reason, the only people I've ever seen being searched in the street have been junkies or neds. The only problem I have with this is that it doesn't happen more often.

Junkies and neds should be banned from being in public IMO.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't get all the hate towards the Police........the times I crossed paths with them whilst growing up was down to my own stupidity 9 times out of ten.

What is everyone saying here......that they want them to have the powers to stop and search people.....but bad guys only? Please enlighten us how they are supposed to differentiate?

"No" voters, obviously.

The only two alternatives are:

1. Police officers shoot people on sight. This saves time by not having to search 'suspicious' individuals and also ensures that they don't commit any future crimes. Sure, some innocent people might possibly die but if you're not acting in a 'suspicious' manner then you don't need to worry.
  2. The government invests heavily into some sort of Minority Report Precrime programme. Floating balls and psychic people in bathtubs will ensure that the police only search those who are on their way to commit a crime - be it petty or serious.

Same. I've never been stopped and searched and the only ones I've seen it happening to look like scumbags.

I'm all for stop and search if it upsets hand-wringing, righteous fannies like the moonster and sweet Pete tbh.

Ouch, right in the feels.

I got the 11am train from Glasgow to Ayr yesterday and a load of Polis Scotland searched all the younger passengers bags when they got off at Troon.

It just didn't seem right that this should be happening, folk out for a day-trip getting hassled.

I got the 11am train from Glasgow to Ayr yesterday and a load of Polis Scotland searched all the younger passengers bags when they got off at Troon.

It just didn't seem right that this should be happening, folk out for a day-trip getting hassled.

And how do you know that the police never had information that someone on that train may be carrying something illegal ? Which can also apply to all cases. I very much doubt they done it just for shits and giggles.

And how do you know that the police never had information that someone on that train may be carrying something illegal ? Which can also apply to all cases. I very much doubt they done it just for shits and giggles.

They were doing the same last week.

http://www.ayradvertiser.com/news/ayr/articles/2014/07/17/504512-police-nab-booze-from-beachgoers-arriving-at-troon-station/

Ouch, right in the feels.

I never noticed you turning in to a hoodlum, I'll have to take heed of Brainfree's warnings and keep a wee eye on you.

Same. I've never been stopped and searched and the only ones I've seen it happening to look like scumbags.

I'm all for stop and search if it upsets hand-wringing, righteous fannies like the moonster and sweet Pete tbh.

So stockbrokers with a £500 a day coke habit are fine but poor people or the mentally hadicapped are fair game.

Let me guess, you've actually had police training, haven't you?

What? :lol:

Do you know many stockbrokers with £500 a day habits?

Perhaps not £500 a day, but having worked with several brokerage firms for the last 7 years, I would say you are easily as likely (probably more likely) to find a couple of grams on them as you are on your average ned.

They don't survive 14 hour days on fresh air and healthy eating.

Someone has been watching too much The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Umm you do realise that cocaine is pretty rife in these types of places. You're pretty naive if you think it isn't.

Anyway, Sweet Pete is spot on here. I wouldn't really listen to what StandFree has to say, given he's a nerdy middle aged man who seldom sees daylight.

Slightly different scenario but during The Troubles I was regularly stopped - while driving - don't ever recall being searched other than "Would you mind opening your boot, sir?"

Usually just asked did I have my licence, where was I coming from and where I was going.

Never had any issues with the police (or any other branch of the security services).

Tell us all about your experiences with "these places" then.

Let's be honest: you don't know anything about me, probably other than I'm a student and a Saints fan (although barely go anymore due to playing football). So I'm not sure where you draw your weird assumptions from.

In short, I'm good friends with people who have worked there and have spoken to several others as well. Do you want me to post names and addresses?

I'd rather not divulge anymore personal info to a weird middle aged man, if that's quite alright. You're an absolute loser mate, who'll never get out his maw's basement in Muirton. Sare one.

So you've absolutely no clue what you are talking about?

Thanks for playing anyway.

Edit: now you've backtracked and said you have "good friends" who work there. Fucking hell :lol:

Yeah that's laughable. :huh: For the avoidance of doubt, I definitely don't consider it something to boast about (like a "I know people" kind of thing) I just don't consider it an exceptional thing to know a few people who've worked in the industry.

My uncle's a broker in London for example. A pal who's now in London spent some time on Wall Street. Genuinely don't see how that's hard to believe. It's as if it's some sort of different universe to you or something. Absolute weirdo. :lol:

Archived