Motherwell FC 2014/15 season

Sevco are currently 1-0 down to QotS, hopeful Queens can do what we have failed to do on numerous attempts, beat a team in blue at Ibrox.

I hope Queen of the South get through, just so you don't run out of alternatives to saying "Rangers".

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please do not respond to Gaz FFSHe is a wind up merchant and not a very good one .

No. I genuinely believe your crowds are appalling, your ground is dilapidated and your club going downhill.

I'm seriously worried if you don't see that

No. I genuinely believe your crowds are appalling, your ground is dilapidated and your club going downhill.

I'm seriously worried if you don't see that

:lol:

Gaz trying so hard.

Its not only me, many others on here and on other forums will never accept that they rose from the dead (they were liquidated). If that makes me 10 years old then so be it. :)

Exactly. The idea may be the same, the colour of the strips may be the same, the ground that they play at may be the same...but it is still a new club. Rangers FC, as they were, were liquidated, you can dress that up any way you wish but that essentially means that they ceased to exist and the club that now go by the name of "Rangers" is a different one to that of the one that last played in the top flight of Scottish football.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't have been too happy with this earlier in the season as I really didn't rate Law however fair play to the guy, he stuck at it and I've actually grown to rather like him in the 2nd half of the season since his shift to right back.

In a squad full of right backs(cheers for that Stuart) he's made the position his own and has been one of our more consistent performers since Baraclough took over.

Not really happy about any contracts given (aside from Erwin) until next season is sorted out. I can't imagine Law is on much though and he is a decent enough right back who can step in midfield if desperate.

Relatively versatile, good attitude, has developed over the season and won't cost much - the type of attributes we'll need plenty of in the squad if end up going down especially.

The wage budget is getting cut as we move to living within our means from now on regardless of division - maybe a few of us will need to adjust to that reality after a few years of overspending on players (even if it's been good to watch a lot of the time :) ).

Relatively versatile, good attitude, has developed over the season and won't cost much - the type of attributes we'll need plenty of in the squad if end up going down especially.

The wage budget is getting cut as we move to living within our means from now on regardless of division - maybe a few of us will need to adjust to that reality after a few years of overspending on players (even if it's been good to watch a lot of the time :) ).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the budget is staying the same regardless.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the budget is staying the same regardless.

I understood it that the budget will be cut from this season but won't be cut by more if we go down (if that makes sense)

Paul Lawson being released, not exactly a surprise. Never fit and when he was he struggled to fit into our team. A few cameos of the decent player he could be but not enough, ironically his last game for us against Dundee United in the cup was probably the best I've seen him play in a Motherwell strip. Bossed it for us in the 1st half, then rather fitting with his Motherwell career, limped off just after half time.

Shame but it just never really worked out for him or the club, right time for both to move on.

He's out of contract mate we've offered him a new deal and Baraclough seems confident he'll stay. We'd be due a development fee if he goes I think he'd be better getting first team football rather than sitting on a bench down South

Archived