Motherwell FC 2014/15 season

Quietly content with the news that Black's got his jotters tbh. Moving forward with a new manager is difficult enough without the entire backroom staff being made up of the old managers people.

Also, for what it's worth, I quite like Vigurs and can think of at least half a dozen I'd see out the door before him.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Monday evening (9/2) Motherwell F.C. General Manager, Alan Burrows will be joining us on the podcast.

If there's any questions you'd like us to put to him please get in touch.

The podcast will be available from around 11pm on Monday.

http://t.co/ZtYnmT72sG

On Monday evening (9/2) Motherwell F.C. General Manager, Alan Burrows will be joining us on the podcast.

The podcast will be available from around 11pm on Monday.http://t.co/ZtYnmT72sG

Yes- there are a few youngsters that are around the first team like Thomas and Erwin will they be signed long term?

Steelmen Online has been dreadful for a while. I rarely went on up until 3 months ago till I moved abroad. Started to post occasionally recently, more so due to being 5000 miles away and having very little options of 'Well related chat.

My opinion of Vigurs is similar to what has already been posted. Doesn't have the pace or strength to play in any position. The defeat at Fir Hill earlier this season was a dreadful performance by him. He is away in the summer and will likely land a decent gig down south.

Kenny Black getting the tin tack was always going to happen. I noticed on Twitter some of the senior players spoke highly of him but it was time for him to go. Fresh manager, fresh scouting network and fresh owner so had to change some of the last pieces of the old regime.

Looking forward to the MFC Podcast. It's my Tuesday morning listening whilst I am getting shifted for work!

The podcast will be available from around 11pm on Monday.http://t.co/ZtYnmT72sG

What attributes did Barra have that the other candidates didn't ?

I suppose Kenny Black leaving was inevitable at some point, although I expected it to be in the summer. A new regime now.

Quite. The timing and language with this is interesting though. When they didn't move Black on when Baraclough got the job you'd have thought they'd have kept him on until the end of the season and made their changes then. Doing it now suggests that it's something that's been viewed as necessary and by extension implies that the coaching has become an issue. It kind of ties in with the disconnect between the way that Baraclough's been saying he wants the team to play (comfortable on the ball etc) and how they've actually been playing (McManus lumps the ball up to Sutton). A few posters on here have queried the lack of impact that Baraclough seems to have had in that respect, it wouldn't be a massive leap to think that there's a connection here.

Alternatively it may simply be the case that the change in ownership and Les Hutchinson coming in has allowed changes that were going to happen anyway to be accelerated and implemented now rather than in the summer.

Either way, it's quite heartening to see a bit of decisiveness around the club. Who knows, it might all fall on it's arse but it's nice to see at least some sort of indication that we have an idea of how to fix things.

Reading Baraclough's comments about this on the club website, it seems it's been his decision and I wonder if we'll see other changes in backroom staff & structure sooner rather than later: "However, I felt it would be a good time to change things and that a freshness and something different in that role might help up.

The club is heading in an exciting new direction both on and off the park and we'll make further announcements in due course."

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/02/06/kenny-black-leaves-the-club/

Paul George on trial with us today, imagine that means he won't be with Motherwell?

I'd imagine so.

Strange that we were looking at another winger anyway, considering we now have Johnson, Thomas x 2 & Ainsworth who can play out wide. Do we really need a 5th winger? Especially when you consider we only have one proven striker at this level in Sutton. I mean like Moore and Erwin and they both look to have real potential however they've only got one goal each for the club. We already struggle for goals, if something was to happen to Sutton who has scored about half our league goals this season then we could really be fucked.

If there was any money left, and given what Burrows has said it seems like there is, you'd think it would be spent on another striker. Then again how good a striker can you find on a free in February? Not worth while bringing someone in just for the sake of it, however if we could find someone who could provide another option up top and chip in with even 5 or so goals between now and the end of the season it could make a huge difference.

I've listened to the first hour of the podcast, on my way to work today. Will get the rest of the way home.

Jay and yourself don't get too much of a look-in, do you?

Having listened to what I have so far, I'd say it's the best podcast since I was on it...

Archived