Chelsea FC 14/15 season

Wilky1878

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me who isn't that taken by Oscar? He's good but I think Chelsea or any top four club for that matter could do better.

No, I pretty much agree with you here. I fail to see how he gets the reputation he has.

I'd punt him and give Piazon a chance, well if he wasn't sent out on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt.

Can't make my mind up about the Drogba signing, think it spells the end for Lukaku at Chelsea. They go in to this season with the best squad in the league, the depth of quality in every position is really impressive and with Mourinho in charge they quite rightly go in to this season as favourites. Last season the main problem was that they couldn't settle on a striker, Torres wasn't in any form, Ba isn't top class, and Eto'o was probably too old to play week in week out for them. In signing Costa, and now Drogba they seem to have addressed this issue. Costa is very much a Mourinho type striker, maybe not the best technically but he is a battering ram who will adapt well to the most aggressive defences in the EPL.

They have options in every single position, a luxury only Man City can boast in the league. In goals the have the best young keeper in the world and one of the most experienced top level goal keepers in Europe who doesn't want to give up his position to the young pretender. However, i think Courtious will start the season in goals as I think Mourinho will want to show him he is going to be number 1 going forward. In defence they have lost the experience of Cole but i think Luis will fill in very nicely and they will probably use Dave at right back a lot more this season but have Ivanovic as cover at both right and centre back, Kurt Zouma will also play a few of the cup games and the have the young Dane Christensen who is very, very highly rated and will get some game time as well.

In Midfield they have a ridiculous amount of depth and so many options to rotate positions. Ramieres can play anywhere across the middle. Fabergas and Willian are very versatile and they will be hoping Hazard can continue his progress as he did last season. i think they will like up with 5 across the middle in typical mourinho sytle but can decide if it'll be 1 or 2 defensive midfielders. I can see them lining up a bit like this on the first day.

Courtous

Dave - Terry - Cahill - Luis

Matic

Willian- Fabregas - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

Imagine Ivanovic will be used as CB cover like everyone has said above. Would perhaps look into getting another CDM, but I suppose they have Ramires in there as cover too.

Mikel too.

If Bamford isn't punted out on loan he'll be involved this season IMO

I can't see Mourinho playing without two deeper midfielders. One will be Matic, and you have to presume the other will be Fabregas. Not sure how that would really work though. Unless they play Matic and Ramires deep, with Fabregas and Hazard beig joined by one of Schurrle/ Willian/ Oscar in supporting Costa

Yeah Mourinho showed last season he's happy rotating with three senior strikers. Costa, Drogba and Lukaku could easily be that three, as Mourinho is shrewd eough to know he'll need two proven EPL players there if Costa fails to impress. Can only see Lukaku going if they fail to offload Torres and they get offered over £20m

Yeah Mourinho showed last season he's happy rotating with three senior strikers. Costa, Drogba and Lukaku could easily be that three, as Mourinho is shrewd eough to know he'll need two proven EPL players there if Costa fails to impress. Can only see Lukaku going if they fail to offload Torres and they get offered over £20m

Basically. The problem is with Torres though. He supposedly got a 175k p/week contract. Nobody will pay him that and I doubt he'll want to leave unless he goes to a club where he'll be the main man. Atletico are apparently interested in him, probably one of the few clubs he'd leave for.

Even if Torres stays I doubt Lukaku would leave. If he left and Costa were to get an injury they'd be left with Drogba(good backup but not really good enough to take his place) and Torres(nowhere good enough). Lukaku's definitely needed at Chelsea

It's only been you that's said it. Oh dear indeed.

No, I pretty much agree with you here. I fail to see how he gets the reputation he has.

I'd punt him and give Piazon a chance, well if he wasn't sent out on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt.

Oh dear.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived