P&B's Top 30 Hip Hop Albums Of All Time

Colin M

Just submitted mine. That was far, far too hard. I had about 30 odd albums to whittle it down from. I doubt I would have the same list twice if I had to do it another 20 times. Got me digging out some old tunes though and taking a few nostalgic trips.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ones I have omitted on reflection trounce a few I have actually selectedbut in line with most, if not a of my posts on here I will go with the first thing that comes into my head...

Whatever the outcome of the poll, I've just listened to 'Enta da stage' as a result of it. No bad thing. Never a bad thing.

I've been spending some time marveling (again) at the production on Mecca And The Soul Brother. And ranking my favourite EPMD albums. It's been great fun.

I've been spending some time marveling (again) at the production on Mecca And The Soul Brother. And ranking my favourite EPMD albums. It's been great fun.

I had a free ticket to see EPMD at the Arches 2 years ago but ended up so trollied after Rockness I couldn't make it.

One of my biggest regrets. Lightweight c**t that I am.

I've been spending some time marveling (again) at the production on Mecca And The Soul Brother.

Mmm...yeah...

And '93 'til Infinity'. It's a shame SoM were obscured by the glut of gangsta records.

• 2 weeks later...

Babump... babump....

Still hoping for more submissions - I am going on holiday so will keep this open for another 2 weeks til 14th September. Come on in and get your votes in!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks, due to the referendum consuming my life my eye was off the ball on this - I'm still expecting another couple of entries from people who expressed an interest, and will chase them up. Let's say the closing date is a week today, so Sunday 28th, and then we'll take it from there!

Stay cool everybody.... Results will be tallied after today ends and countdown will begin later this week. There's a handful of albums in the running for the top spot, all will be revealed on good time :)

The list is complete - looking good. I'm traveling back from London today so the countdown will commence tomorrow - plenty great albums not made the cut but there will hopefully be something for everyone in there!

I have one glaring omission that probably would have made my top 5. Stumbled upon it last night and was absolutely gutted. It's a classic so will still likely be high on this list regardless.

Archived