Music Trivia That Delights And Informs

Mel Hutchwright

Elvis Presley has had the most Top 100 entries with a total of 151 and Paul McCartney has written the most number-one hits with a total of 32!!!

• 5 years later...

The writer of So Macho by Sinitta which was a massive hit in gay clubs Owen Hargeaves is the founder of the Christian Party which has anti-LGBT policies. Royalties from the song funded the party's 2004 electoral campaign.

• 2 months later...
On 24/04/2020 at 22:25, GNU_Linux said:

The writer of So Macho by Sinitta which was a massive hit in gay clubs Owen Hargeaves is the founder of the Christian Party which has anti-LGBT policies. Royalties from the song funded the party's 2004 electoral campaign.

Owen Hargreaves is a talented man but I'm sure it was George Hargreaves that wrote the song.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/08/2014 at 13:01, King Kebab said:

Elvis Presley has had the most Top 100 entries with a total of 151 and Paul McCartney has written the most number-one hits with a total of 32!!!

McCartney is, I believe, the only artist to have hit singles as a solo artist, as one of a duo, one of a trio, one of a quartet, and one of a quintet.

On 15/07/2020 at 20:53, Highland Capital said:

George Thorogood played a concert in all 50 states in 50 days.  He also played in DC the same day as a show in Maryland so actually played 51 shows in all 50 states (and one district) in 50 days.

Thanks for reminding me I should have been watching George in York last night. :(

• 2 weeks later...