Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

This is not going to end well for Lex. We all know what GGH did to Killie when he had a point to prove against them.

I really would not want to be a St Mirren fan facing up to Harkins and McGowan this season.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lex, on 07 Aug 2014 - 12:50, said:

You the St Mirren expert aye? :lol:

Danny got the best out of players like McLean, McGinn, Thompson, McGregor etc. Sadly his disastrous dealings in the transfer market - Harkins being one of several - meant we had no squad to speak of.

How much longer you going to have to wait? It's been over 40 years FFS.

Well I can't imagine it'll be too long before we finish ahead of a Tommy Craig managed St Mirren.

Incidentally yes. At that time of his career he was being played as a defender (I suppose because of his height). Only an absolute moron of a manager would use a player like him in defence.

Okay so the only reason Gary Harkins has had such a poor career is because he was badly managed.

Nothing to do with him at all.

FFS :rolleyes:

Harkins flopped at St Mirren for whatever reason. I don't really care how or why.

All I care about is whether he does a job for Dundee. I'm fairly confident he will, as he has done in his 2 previous spells.

I'm going to be in the vast minority here, but when it comes to some of the roasters that pop into our threads, I don't actually mind Lex. At least he talks about the football and has some points to make, even if some of his wind ups are as subtle as an axe in the baws.

I'm going to be in the vast minority here, but when it comes to some of the roasters that pop into our threads, I don't actually mind Lex. At least he talks about the football and has some points to make, even if some of his wind ups are as subtle as an axe in the baws.

I agree. Lex is one of the good guys.

How are sales progressing at the Killie end? I genuinely think the crowd will be at least 9k now.

400 as of Tuesday.

ETA a large part of our support live away from the town so will be buying on the day. We'll have 1000+. Plenty will buy now Eremenko confirmed too. There was even a QUEUE for season tickets this afternoon... A QUEUE!

The quicker people stop replying to Lex, the better the threads will be.

Could say the same about yourself , Weeper.

FWIW I think Harkins might turn out to be a good signing for Dundee, but that doesn't hide the fact the his career so far has been pretty much a complete waste and that's really only down to one person, and that's not Danny Lennon. He seems to 'fit' at Dens though, this year might be the best of his career, who knows?

And tbh I don't think Dundee fans are really best placed to judge to the requirements needed for a top flight player.

He's still a still a nap to score to against us, guaranteed.

FWIW I think Harkins might turn out to be a good signing for Dundee, but that doesn't hide the fact the his career so far has been pretty much a complete waste and that's really only down to one person, and that's not Danny Lennon. He seems to 'fit' at Dens though, this year might be the best of his career, who knows?

And tbh I don't think Dundee fans are really best placed to judge to the requirements needed for a top flight player.

Are we not allowed to watch SPL games then ? Even on TV ? Now tell us you were on a fishing trip.

You're almost as bad as your bud tbh.

Derry now selt the f**k oot. Should be jumping, and the scenes if we take the lead - OYF! Coxy only has 200 left. So I guess it's gonna be all about people packing in to the Shankly this weekend.

I'm confident of 8k+, can't wait!

Derry now selt the f**k oot. Should be jumping, and the scenes if we take the lead - OYF! Coxy only has 200 left. So I guess it's gonna be all about people packing in to the Shankly this weekend.

There's about 600 left in the BC.

Archived