Edinburgh Festival

I'm going to Edinburgh on Tuesday and am looking for a comedian to see at about 9pm (have other tickets booked for other times).

Had a quick look and the only guys I can see who are on about that time that I really know of are Henning Wehn and Mark Watson.

Anybody seen either of these two live, or recommend any other options?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Des Bishop is usually excellent. Irish/American guy who's last show was about his dad nearly becoming James Bond after big Tam.

He's just spent a year in China learning the language to do stand-up in Chinese and that's what this show is about. He also made a series for RTE when he was there and, by all accounts, it was brilliantly received.

Planning on seeing him next weekend.

Seen Henning Wehn on TV a few times. Good guy but not funny.

I'm working at the Assembly so hopefully get to see quite a bit.

Where? I'm working at Assembly too.

giphy.gif

Thanks for all the feedback.

I haven't liked Mark Watson enough any time I've seen him on telly to want to pay for watch him for an hour (I think he would begin to annoy me after about 20 minutes) and I wasn't convinced about Henning Wehn either. Seen him on TV and heard him on radio and liked him initially, but I saw him on one show last year and didn't think he was that funny.

In the end I got tickets for Damian Clark, an Aussie who moved to Ireland about 10 years ago and now seems to be UK-based.

Stuff I could find online wasn't too bad, but neither my mate who has lived in Australia for 30 years, his Irish wife, or a workmate who spends quite a bit of time visiting family in Ireland have heard of him.

Tickets were 2 for 1, so I reckoned it was worth chancing a tenner to find out if he's any good.

Thanks for all the feedback.

I haven't liked Mark Watson enough any time I've seen him on telly to want to pay for watch him for an hour (I think he would begin to annoy me after about 20 minutes) and I wasn't convinced about Henning Wehn either. Seen him on TV and heard him on radio and liked him initially, but I saw him on one show last year and didn't think he was that funny.

In the end I got tickets for Damian Clark, an Aussie who moved to Ireland about 10 years ago and now seems to be UK-based.

Stuff I could find online wasn't too bad, but neither my mate who has lived in Australia for 30 years, his Irish wife, or a workmate who spends quite a bit of time visiting family in Ireland have heard of him.

Tickets were 2 for 1, so I reckoned it was worth chancing a tenner to find out if he's any good.

He's funny on Twitter and a lot of other comedians seem to rate him highly

Going to make a point of seeing Showhawk Duo, not clever enough to post link to one of their vids but old skool on accoustic guitars is pretty damn impressive.

Playing at Tron Kirk almost all festival. I wont get there until 23rd August :(

Oh, best of all, free entry!!!!!

Archived