Hamilton Accies vs Inverness CT - 09/08/14

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dougie Imrie will rattle one in from 20+ yards.

We will pass the ball well but without getting it anywhere dangerous.

We will have 60% possession but no shots.

We will lose.

ETA - That's a bit negative. I think we are capable of winning but if we follow the tendencies we showed towards the end of last season we are well capable of losing.

Team?

----------------------Brill-------------------

--Raven---Meekings--Warren--Tremarco--

---------------Tansey-----Shinnie-----------

---Ross-----------Vincent----------Doran----

---------------------McKay---------------------

Maybe swap in Watkins for Ross and Christie for Vincent.

Dougie Imrie will rattle one in from 20+ yards.

We will pass the ball well but without getting it anywhere dangerous.

We will have 60% possession but no shots.

We will lose.

He usually does that inside the first 90 seconds.

I can't wait til this one! Inverness have their vulnerabilities in their team and despite finishing top 6 the last 2 seasons, I think that they're here for the taking, whether or not we will beat them is another matter.

The team will change from the team we played today and we'll have a different approach. I don't know whether our centre backs are good enough to keep McKay at bay and there are a couple of other forward players that could do some damage.

Here's how I'd line up...

McGovern

Gordon Canning Jesus Hendrie

Neil MacKinnon

Imrie Redmond Longridge
MAC

The team will change from the team we played today and we'll have a different approach. I don't know whether our centre backs are good enough to keep McKay at bay and there are a couple of other forward players that could do some damage.

We need to get the ball to McKay high up the pitch, if we play too deep then he gets isolated. Playing the split 2-3 midfield in the 4-2-3-1 is key as it allows us to keep solidity at the back and get support to McKay. In our worse moments since Hughes has taken over we knock the ball about in midfield, get pushed back then knock it long for him to chase - not good enough. The emphasis on keeping possession in deep areas has also seen us give the ball away and lose goals, apparently we did this again in the friendly against Birmingham today.

Our line up today was this

-------------------Brill-------------------

--Raven--Meekings--Warren--Tremarco--

------------Polworth----Shinnie-----------------

--Watkins-----Christie-----Ross------------

-------------------McKay---------------------

I like the idea of Tansey and Shinnie in the middle - Shinnie has great stamina and works hard and is also adept at attacking from deep and Tansey is better on the ball and at picking passes. We need Doran to start, he's our main goal threat outside McKay and is our leading provider of assists. I'm a bit wary about relying on Christie for creativity, no matter how good a prospect he is.

Finally we should be dangerous from set pieces with Warren (another header today), Meekings and Watkins good in the air and McKay an expert at getting second balls.

One negative point for us is that Richie Foran is out. We had a very poor record without him in the side last season.

I'm getting too old for this stuff. I remember when the only Dundee fan on P&B was Insight and his meltdown after Gretna beat Kernaghan's shocking Dundee side in the cup semi-final made anything served up recently seem tame.

I think we should be looking to win and get 3 points on the board quickly and get the confidence up.A draw would still be decent ICT are a better side but if we work hard we can get a good result.I think we will win 2-1 with Imrie scoring the winner in a tight hard fought game.

Finally we should be dangerous from set pieces with Warren (another header today), Meekings and Watkins good in the air and McKay an expert at getting second balls.

This is a big worry for me, IMO we seem to be awful at defending set pieces, conceded quite a few last season that should have been dealt with better, and that's how Arbroath scored yesterday.

We'll have to limit the amount of set pieces Inverness get, which means no silly fouls.

why are dundee fans all over anything involving accies? no one wants them here do us all a favour and jump into the river tay.

i dont think inverness will be top 6 this season so this should be 3 points for us imo.

Looking forward to going back to NDP, last visit there was the famous ''Shoes off Brewster out chant''. I normally travel alone to away games but this season would like to integrate with more fans of both teams. What boozers are decent near the ground? Will probably be in Hamilton from 1pm onwards!

Inverness won 2/3 games at NDP in the SPL days but those are their only 2 wins out of 8 games in that period. Obviously a lot has changed but half of our games against Inverness in the SPL were draws - a result I'd definitely take on Saturday. Going by some posts on here, Inverness fans don't seem too confident going into this one but it's not as if you had a bad season last time out and you haven't lost any players of great importance. Yes John Hughes isn't a brilliant manager but what's with the negativity?

Archived