SPFL Development League 2014/15

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entertaining game at Tannadice between United and Celtic. In truth both teams were actually fairly poor but the game was very open and it could have gone either way. Celtic were dominant in the first half but we were far the better side in the second.

Spittal, Connolly and Telfer were all good for us and should be pushing for the first team this season. Nobody else really stood out, Spark was decent at right back and Harry Souttar looks like he might develop into a good defender.

The most entertaining part of the evening was Stevie Campbell on the touchline though. For such a nice man he is an absolute mentalist!

The relaxing of the number of overage players is the main reason for Aberdeen's two comfortable victories.

15 year old goalkeeper (Mutch) tonight and 16 year old left winger (Wright)

team tonight

Mutch - debut age 15

Murray - first team experience

Shaughnessey - Around 50 first team games u21 international

Rose - been on bench for first team

Robertson - Around 50 first team games. u21 international

Masson - few starts for first team

Storie - Couple of first team appearances

Low - lots of first team experience

Smith - lots of first team experience. u21 international

Wright - added to first team squad for this season. age 16. U17 international

Shankland - extensive experience with Queens Park and Dumferline

Not too many I wouldn't have thought. The last United game had no 'older' players but did have the likes of Spittal, Telfer, Connolly and McCallum. Not sure what kind of team Dundee will have out but I think Stevie Campbell has said that for the most part the relaxation of player ages simply means they can give all the younger players a game that might have missed out under the previous league rules.

Not too many I wouldn't have thought. The last United game had no 'older' players but did have the likes of Spittal, Telfer, Connolly and McCallum. Not sure what kind of team Dundee will have out but I think Stevie Campbell has said that for the most part the relaxation of player ages simply means they can give all the younger players a game that might have missed out under the previous league rules.

Well with 5 overage players allowed I'd imagine Bain, Davidson, McBride, Ferry and maybe even Thomson or Dyer might be in line for some game time. Then you have Wighton and Kerr who won't be overage players so I think we'll have a decent side.

Gonna take the wee bro along to this tonight. Season ticket holders get in for free so only paying for the train fare which isn't much! Look forward to seeing some of the younger lads play. Never in a million years did I think I'd be at Gayfield twice in 3 days!

Archived