Ross County vs St Johnstone - 10/08/14

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was that Ryan Esson sitting beside you?

I was on my tod yesterday right in the middle of the allocated area, empty seats either side. I either didn't see or recognise Ryan, but someone behind me mentioned him

It looked like they were denied getting into the Viking pub, which is little wonder since they're all a bunch of plukey 14 year olds, then starting causing a scene. Once they were swiftly told to GTF, some fanny started throwing punches, whilst some other degenerate starting picking stuff up and booting it. Bunch of arseholes.

Twats. They make noises at games so just overlook this please. Cheers.

I was on my tod yesterday right in the middle of the allocated area, empty seats either side. I either didn't see or recognise Ryan, but someone behind me mentioned him

That would be us.....you'd be relieved when i lost my voice at the start of the second half!

I think a Brown, Davidson, Millar combination in the middle would be perfect really, especially since we look like we'll be back to one up front the majority of the time this season

I quite liked the 1 up top tactic a couple of years ago. Brown and Millar 'sitting' with Davidson, Wotherspoon and O'Halloran supporting Maclean up top would be lethal for us. Davidson has already proven he can score goals from midfield making those runs and Wotherspoon and O'Halloran are huge upgrades on Vine and Tade IMO.

No reason it can't work, although lets see what Morgan brings to the table (might he play wide ala May at different points last season?) and also what new striker we bring in. If we bring in fucking Clarkson, we'd be as well just going with the above.

If could have and would have could win games for County, Derek Adams can look forward to a down to the wire title battle with Celtic.

County looked a good side, probably needing more time to bed in their new players and find the right blend, didn't deserve to take a point from that simply because they couldn't keep out the 2 goals that lost the game for them.

Derek Adams :lol:

If could have and would have could win games for County, Derek Adams can look forward to a down to the wire title battle with Celtic.

County looked a good side, probably needing more time to bed in their new players and find the right blend, didn't deserve to take a point from that simply because they couldn't keep out the 2 goals that lost the game for them.

Derek Adams :lol:

Adams - Yogi, Pot - Kettle

5 players making debuts had me worried, but I thought we did ok, certainly a distance ahead of what we started with last season. I didn't think there was that much difference between the teams, which is encouraging. Tommy Wright is spot on when saying County played nobody of note during the summer while SJ have had a 'pre-season' of 4 competitive European games, so were bound to be sharper. So I was reasonably happy with the performance.

Poor attendance for 1st game of season, but no surprise given the prices, it might have been an eye opener for the County board though, lets see what they come up with, and it will need more than face-painting and pipe-bands.

Oh and SJ staying at the National Hotel on Saturday night, its a 2hr journey up the A9 for goodness sake.

Maybe they just wanted to experience staying in our "Shit-hole" of a town :1eye

Oh and SJ staying at the National Hotel on Saturday night, its a 2hr journey up the A9 for goodness sake.

Just showing respect to the mighty Ross County ;)

Think you might struggle to drive a coach (legally) from Perth to Dingwall in 2 hours on a Sunday in August but maybe im just a shite driver...

Poor attendance for 1st game of season, but no surprise given the prices, it might have been an eye opener for the County board though, lets see what they come up with, and it will need more than face-painting and pipe-bands.

I was about 5 rows behind the goal in The Jailend and I could barely see a thing due to the crossbar being in the way. There's no way we should be paying £20 a pop for that kind of view, especially since the shiny new North Stand is now unused for the majority of games.

Heard a few grumbles from Saints fans before the game about being in the East Stand but I thought the view of the game was far better than from the North Stand and the atmosphere seemed better too.

The young county fans who moved along to 'noise up' the Saints young team added to the fun.

Enjoyed the day despite the pish awful weather

5 players making debuts had me worried, but I thought we did ok, certainly a distance ahead of what we started with last season. I didn't think there was that much difference between the teams, which is encouraging. Tommy Wright is spot on when saying County played nobody of note during the summer while SJ have had a 'pre-season' of 4 competitive European games, so were bound to be sharper. So I was reasonably happy with the performance.

It was just sheer bad luck for those at the game that Dingwall was getting a wash, made the place look worse that it was.

Price comparison - Paid £24 to get in yesterday, also its £22 at Hamilton for the stand behind the goal and £26 for the Main Stand at Inverness.

I agree with that. Much better experience sitting along the pitch. One particular stand out was after Ghostie shouted something all you could here was a few prepubescent voices from the County end telling him to 'sit down shut up'.

Was that Ghostie right at the back under the window, starting the songs?

He's got some tonsils.

Was that Ghostie right at the back under the window, starting the songs?

He's got some tonsils.

That sounds like Ghostie. If you heard a constant cry of 'BACK POST' at free kicks and corners, it was definitely him.

I'm amazed to read that, especially given the current climate of financial doom hovering over us. I expect returning from our Slovakian jaunt at 2am on Friday morning had something to do with it.

Archived