Ross County vs St Johnstone - 10/08/14

Fatty Croft on now to freshen up things.

Keep this result, combined with the published accounts showing we needed to cut £200k off the wage bill to remain sustainable (proving SB right this Summer, to a point), hopefully means we'll get a bit more positivity about us again.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-1 Full time.

Fucking superb result, obviously have to wait on someone who was there commenting on it, but considering what we've gone through in the last four days its brilliant, especially with it being one of the harder away days in this league. Takes a bit of pressure off us on Wednesday now aswell.

Well deserved IMO. Looked really confident in the first half. Bit more defensive in second half. Mannus made two fantastic saves. Great to get a win in our first game. Can't wait to see more of Brown.

I really think Kane needs to go out on loan. 3 minutes here and there is no use.

Steven MacLean 100% effort.

After a few games I think County will only improve.

I gave up listening to the radio so went off for a cycle and returned in the door at 5pm to find out the score. Disappointing result but St. Johnstone, presumably, looked like a team with a couple of matches under their belt.

Not a good way to start the season but the next two games are against teams that finished below County last season, I'm optimistic about the coming week. I'm not convinced that Adams started his best team.

Also, it's nice to see Jervis score. He looked abysmal against Clach.

Jervis looked ok IMO the problem for most of the game was the midfield not getting close enough to support him leaving him isolated and running about like a headless chicken.

Decent enough possession in the middle of the park but not enough of a cutting edge to cause St Johnstone any real problems.

Deserved win for the Saints in the end despite what Adams will inevitably say

Jervis looked ok IMO the problem for most of the game was the midfield not getting close enough to support him leaving him isolated and running about like a headless chicken.

Decent enough possession in the middle of the park but not enough of a cutting edge to cause St Johnstone any real problems.

Deserved win for the Saints in the end despite what Adams will inevitably say

Have to disagree, Jervis showed exactly what he has shown through pre-season which is not a lot. Yes he scored a goal from a free header but did nothing else the whole game. I thought a draw a fairer result but neither side impressed, for a first game with Del obviously just trying different options it was ok and reasonably encouraging. Stronger than this time last year when we finished seventh. Time will tell.

What a superb win, all things considered. No bookings either. Also good to see Morgan not feature and not help build up the 'Stevie May's replacement' tag. Good to see Kane getting on before him, as it should be. Yep, a good day all round.

Thought we deserved a draw and thought graham Carey was the best player on the pitch by a mile

Don't agree about you deserving the draw.

Carey was your best player but was not better than Scott Brown.

All opinions of course.

Pretty much the kind of performance you would expect from a team full of new recruits on the first day of the season I suppose. Didnt think either team offered an awful lot, actually. Jervis took his goal well but didnt do a great deal else. Carey was different class and most creativity/spark came from him.

Not going to judge too much, and obviously would have liked to have won, but looking over the team I wouldnt say there was any glaring weaknesses today. Think once the team starts to click we could be OK.

Saw the Saints 'young team' exceling themselves on the streets of Dingwall today :thumbsdown . Bit fu**ing tedious in front of women and kids if you ask me.

Teams were very even in most areas, with SJ shading it in some important areas.

Keepers- our keeper flapped big time with the punch in the lead up to the 1st goal, Mannus pulled off 2 excellent saves to deny us in the 1st half.

Defence- thought Anderson and Wright were solid, our two CB,s were very poor and MacLean gave them a real tough time.

You could tell St Johnstone had 4 competitive games and it was our first with so many debuts.

Good points for me

Celcer looked as good as I have seen him at LB

Carey was the best player on the park

We played some really good stuff at times(As did St J)

The pitch withstood so much rain without any issues. One of the best in the league in my opinion.

Saw the Saints 'young team' exceling themselves on the streets of Dingwall today :thumbsdown . Bit fu**ing tedious in front of women and kids if you ask me.

What were they up to?

(Please bear in mind when answering that criticism isn't really allowed as they sometimes make a lot of noise at games so can do what they want without sanction.)

What were they up to?

(Please bear in mind when answering that criticism isn't really allowed as they sometimes make a lot of noise at games so can do what they want without sanction.)

I saw them walking through the town shouting Dingwall is a shithole. Highly embarassing. They all looked about 13 years old. FWIW Dingwall is a great place to stay.

Least said the better. How do they travel? Surprised that lot today werent picked up.

I saw them walking through the town shouting Dingwall is a shithole. Highly embarassing. They all looked about 13 years old. FWIW Dingwall is a great place to stay.

So now we're not allowed to insult another town now?? Football is too sanitised now, pathetic really. This is the same county fans who were disgusted at our chants last year, to Tam Scobbie!!

I hate every team and town my team visits, it's part and parcel of the game!

Archived