Ross County vs St Johnstone - 10/08/14

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading off to Bella soon, really quite chuffed I can do both this year for a change. My only problem is getting home early enough to get showered, suited up, and into Dingwall in time for the Viccy Suite. Spain's top tip, stay off the road between 10 & 12:30 on Sunday.

Barossa bus £10. call 628391

I'll decide tomorrow, possibly, Or I'll wait until half one on Sunday and decide I want to go.

No Macca or Spoony or ??

Both looked tired tonight, especially Wotherspoon. No point forcing them to play when we have options

Not sure why you think that, I'm not sure we rotated all that much early last season and the players never tired. The only issue is suspensions and injuries

Seems a bit farcical we're allowing May to traipse around England talking to clubs who haven't even agreed a deal with us instead of having him involved in the training for this game

Not really sure this points all that relevant now.

Since I'm having a breakdown, heres my revised line up

May

May - May - May - May

May - May - May - May

May - May

:bairn

In all seriousness, we'd be aswell giving Kane a proper chance in this game. His goals last season should at last afford him that chance, especially since we're down to three strikers, with one having played 90 minutes on Thursday, one having just met everyone today, and the other being Kane. If he doesn't perform we can bring on Morgan for the last ten minutes to score his soon to be standard hat trick

Take it I'm the only one interested in this game? Don't think I'm even going to it :lol:

Brian Easton has been ruled out for us, so TW has to decide what to do with our central defence. Wright is the obvious choice to come in, but was dropped for Thursday after a rather abject first leg, Anderson is also fit again but has had a long lay off. We could, of course, play both, and drop Gary Miller who's been completely stinking in our European games, culminating in the huge error on Thursday.

I'd agree with giving Kane a chance in this one. There will need to be some fresh legs come into this because it was fairly apparent that the heat eventually took it's toll on Thursday evening. Would take a draw in this one. Lose and then face Celtic just 3 days after and we could be off to a very slow start, points wise.

You reckon Wright was dropped due to the first leg?

I thought so yeah, didn't manage to hear the team news before kick off so never heard if he was injured or not

I'm not making this one and Ross County have either lost, drawn, or won the opening game of the season when I've not been present. STAT ATTACK!

Although St.Johnstone will presumably be knackered (and hopefully a bit devoid of confidence) after Thursday's game, I'm not entirely convinced County will win - there's enough quality in that St. Johnstone team to cause teams problems, after all they still managed a great result away at Luzern without Steven May.

The big question is how County line up. I don't think anyone could get the starting XI bang on but Arquin and De Leeuw must start together. I'm hopeful of Balk and Kiss starting together in midfield because I genuinely believe that they could strike up a good partnership, although that maybe puts a lot of pressure on Balk given his lack of first team experience. I have concerns over both full-backs for the time being.

A win would be a great start to the season, particularly with the next two games being against two sides from last season's bottom six. I'll take a draw though and being 1 point better off than this time last season.

Archived