• Created
  • Last Reply

Ross County's expected - but arguably not ideal - line-up:

Reguero

Saunders Boyd Dreesen Celcer

Brittain Quinn

Arquin de Leeuw Cardle

Jervis

With Filip Kiss joining on loan for the season, is it likely that he will be thrown in straight away? That happened on his debut against Partick Thistle in January, when he had barely played much football in 18 months.

Earlier in the week I was fairly certain that the above would be close to the starting XI, but I really don't know now.

ETA: In ideal conditions, I'd like:

Reguero

Fenlon Boyd Dreesen Celcer

Balk

Brittain Kiss Carey

Arquin de Leeuw

With a bench of:

Brown

Saunders

Latouchent

Cardle

Quinn

Jervis (I'd have Maatsen, but you know...)

Boyce

But it's extremely likely Jervis is likely to start given that he has started every pre-season game (to my knowledge) and that Saunders is more settled and conservative and would appear to be the safer option.

The last time Saunders played right back versus St Johnstone gives me nightmares. Luckily he wont have to contend with Hasslebaink this time, if he does play that is.

I know , it'll be Wotherspoon and/or O'Halloran , both considerably quicker and better than wee Nigel .

With Filip Kiss joining on loan for the season, is it likely that he will be thrown in straight away? That happened on his debut against Partick Thistle in January, when he had barely played much football in 18 months.

Earlier in the week I was fairly certain that the above would be close to the starting XI, but I really don't know now.

ETA: In ideal conditions, I'd like:

Reguero

Fenlon Boyd Dreesen Celcer

Balk

Brittain Kiss Carey

Arquin de Leeuw

With a bench of:

Brown

Saunders

Latouchent

Cardle

Quinn

Jervis (I'd have Maatsen, but you know...)

Boyce

But it's extremely likely Jervis is likely to start given that he has started every pre-season game (to my knowledge) and that Saunders is more settled and conservative and would appear to be the safer option.

Would have Cardle in for Carey in that line up. Also think Ben Frempah should be on the bench possibly for Latouchent. But agree with everything else

I think that Carey is a better starting option for the following reasons:

• He offers more consistency from game to game.
  • His crossing from open play is dreamy and much better than Cardle's (although they're both a bit ropey at corner kicks).
  • Carey and Melvin are on the same wavelength and work together very well.
  • Cardle needs an overlapping left back to get the most out of him cutting in all the time (see Ronaldo & Marcelo, Robben & Lahm and Pienaar & Baines under Moyes). Carey doesn't rely on that because there is more to his all-round game, and with Celcer not as adventurous as Latouchent that will mean it will be easy for teams to suss Cardle out. That's part of the reason why I would have Latouchent on the bench to offer a plan B with Cardle, as much as I love Frempah already.
  • Carey is comfortable in a number of different positions: as a left-winger; a deep central midfielder (say in a 4-2-3-1); or as the central attacking midfielder. Adams is at his best when changing tactics at a pinch during a match and the more options in that regard, the better the team generally does.

Hopefully we can get the bus then. I hear we might miss the connecting Last Train Home between Dingwall and Inverness due to Sunday services.

I like what you did there. It would be a shame if a small Saints crowd turns up for this match, as Steve Brown will have lost profits that he could have spent on valuable infrastructure.

The Barossa bus is now back on if you're keen.

I like what you did there. It would be a shame if a small Saints crowd turns up for this match, as Steve Brown will have lost profits that he could have spent on valuable infrastructure.

We really shouldn't be shouting that from the Rooftops

Sweet, any idea how many seats are left and how much it is? Me, my brother and another mate wanna go. I've been told to look on WAP for details, but after how it has been described on here, I'll probably get cancer when I register there.

If you come up via public transport one of the Highland Saints would definitely give you a lift back to Inverness after the game (not me, obv). Just post on the forum on WAP.

I've seen the film Wolf Creek. I know what would really happen should I accept a lift from you Highland folk...

Seriously, thanks for the advice. Looks like the bus is back on, but might shout you out again if it sells out.

Sweet, any idea how many seats are left and how much it is? Me, my brother and another mate wanna go. I've been told to look on WAP for details, but after how it has been described on here, I'll probably get cancer when I register there.

There should still be loads of seats available. It's a 49-seater and, when it had previously been cancelled, there were only 5 names on the booking sheet. It leaves Barossa Street at 11am. Unsure about the price. It's usually a tenner or so, I think. Their contact number is 01738 628391.

I suspect it'll be your initial line-up, with Kiss in for Quinn.

Maybe, but I don't know if he would be playing that deep, he wasn't asked to do that last season. I guess that the concept of being made important to the team was playing to his ego and letting him have more attacking licence, even if he would really suit playing further back and getting forward late.

Can't see us having any signings in the starting line up, if we've even signed any at all by Sunday, and May will be gone aswell.

Obviously hard to tell how we'll shape up after Thursdays exertions, but ideally it would be

Mannus

Mackay - Anderson - Wright - Easton

Brown - Millar

Croft - Wotherspoon - O'Halloran

MacLean

Expect we'll possibly see Scobbie, Caddis and maybe even Kane start if theres too many tired legs. New signings would likely be on the bench, and hopefully Dylan Easton gets a run out

Archived