Does anyone here believe we can't use the pound?

gazelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortunately the BoE are living in the real world. Unlike the millionaires who run the Unionists parties. If a Yes vote happens, they're gonna look stupid arguing against a CU. As for their Scottish counterparts, they'll be forced to choose between the London line and their own constituents.

Fortunately the BoE are living in the real world. Unlike the millionaires who run the Unionists parties. If a Yes vote happens, they're gonna look stupid arguing against a CU. As for their Scottish counterparts, they'll be forced to choose between the London line and their own constituents.

how sad this is now becoming, less than 2 weeks ago pre-debate the "Yessrs" were high as kites, predicting a massacre for Alex Salmond, now where are we now, Darling wins debate polls are "tanking"and the "Yessrs" are now trying to manufacture some kind of good news story to make them feel better, pitiful

how sad this is now becoming, less than 2 weeks ago pre-debate the "Yessrs" were high as kites, predicting a massacre for Alex Salmond, now where are we now, Darling wins debate polls are "tanking"and the "Yessrs" are now trying to manufacture some kind of good news story to make them feel better, pitiful

Feel better?

My goodness. You still going on about that dreadful debate. Both were as bad as eachother. However I suppose Darling has the excuse that he and his arguments are always that bad.

no not really, only shows Mark Carney has a "plan B", unlike you know who

Mark Carney has just told me that it isn't a very good idea to discuss one's contingencies.

Seems to me that that Messrs Salmond and Carney are singing from the same song sheet.

Did the governor of The Bank Of England actually say? ''It's never good to talk about contingency plans in public, other than to assure that we have contingency plans.'' Yes he did. This taken with the fact that The UKG have admitted to not making contingency plans for the event of a Yes vote, does kind of make the constant attack on Salmond to reveal the contingency plan (plan B) for no currency union, look a bit mental.

no not really, only shows Mark Carney has a "plan B", unlike you know who

Aye, he has and guess what? he's not willing to disclose it publicly.

''It is never good to talk about contingency plans in public, other than to assure that we have contingency plans.'' Mark Carney, Governor of The Bank Of England 13/08/2014.

The Scottish Government have contingency plans on currency but would appear to agree with the view of the governor of The BOE

From the report I took it that Carney's contingency plan will be to ensure that there are sufficient funds in place to support an independent Scotlands's transition to its own currency, which would be sensible and in the best interests of all parties involved, should a Yes vote be returned.

From the report I took it that Carney's contingency plan will be to ensure that there are sufficient funds in place to support an independent Scotlands's transition to its own currency, which would be sensible and in the best interests of all parties involved, should a Yes vote be returned.

From the report I took that the BoE are fully prepared for a Currency Union.

Funny that, eh?

Archived