Celtic v Partick Thistle

I'm really surprised there's not a thread about this game since it's on Saturday but I guess no-one's really up for playing the first game of the season against Celtic then I understand the lack of enthusiasm, plus we've already had enough shite off them with them winning the league at Firhill.

Aware of the left-back issue for us, I really hope Archibald can find someone to play before Saturday. Huge game at the start and if we have to resort to playing McMillan there, I think we're going to struggle more than we normally would.

This is how I think we'll line up: Gallacher, O'Donnell, Balatoni, Muirhead, -left back-, Osman, Fraser, Higginbotham, Stevenson, Lawless, Doolan.

Not having been to a pre-season game, I have no idea how the team's getting on and how they're playing but I'm going to watch the Sunderland game today hopefully I'll be tuned in there. Seemingly our performances have been fairly unimaginative and we're struggling to score with a few defensive errors thrown in, so it doesn't seem to be too different to last season.

Going to plump for a 3-0 victory to Celtic. Can't really see anything else. No idea how Celtic have been getting on with signings and whatnot, but I can't see us causing them a problem at Celtic Park. Efe Ambrose is nailed on to be sent off though.

Ahead of this, Ross County should be our main priority so we shouldn't worry too much about this outcome, with Dundee being a crunch match afterwards too. Both will have played more games but you could argue we'll be better for match fitness.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of being whoosed, I thought this game was postponed?

It is. Our first game is against St Johnstone on the Wednesday

Archived