Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dundee FC - 13/08/14

Onto our next game. No point in dwelling on what was an exciting game at home. Really don't know what to expect from Caley, looked horrific under Yogi last season after being one of the most dominant sides in the league under Butcher. Caley got off to a good start by the sounds of things dominating what I'd imagine was a side that's going to struggle big time.

Very difficult game going up to the Highlands midweek, massive test for us. Looking forward to it nonetheless though.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RiG, on 09 Aug 2014 - 19:15, said:

Looking forward to Barra Jag and NDD having a right good go at each other in this thread over the next few days.

Luckily it's a midweek game, imagine the car crash this thread could turn into if it was given a whole week to brew?!

If Bain is fit Id start him. Other than that, McAlister for Stewart and play 4-2-3-1.

Yogi will destroy ICT eventually but he needs more time to properly f**k them up so this will be a tough game. Would be happy with a point but playing away from home might just suit us.

Getting in early before the thread descends into a quagmire of shite insults.

I suspect that Dundee might know better than Hamilton how to make life uncomfortable for us - their squad has got a lot more top-flight experience and on paper, more quality in depth than Hamilton's. There's real talent in this ICT squad though, and if we can play the way we played for the first half hour and the last twenty minutes today throughout the game, then I reckon we can win it. Mckay looked sharp today, and seemed to be playing a lot closer to the three players behind him than in pre-season, when he frequently seemed completely isolated. Ryan Christie is a clever, unpredictable player who can open up teams with a single pass or shimmy in the way Andrew Shinnie used to do, and if Marley Watkins starts, he'll be a real handful running at the Dundee full backs. On the other hand, if our players look content to spend long spells simply retaining possession in our own half with out trying to get in behind Dundee or change up the pace, then eventually we're going to get caught out. Interesting times ahead.

I have to good feeling about this. 3-0 Inverness.

This fixture always reminds me of the 2009-2010 season when Inverness absolutely strolled to take 1st Division title despite Dundee (cheats) being bankrolled by that strange looking Calum Melville chap.

I have to good feeling about this. 3-0 Inverness.This fixture always reminds me of the 2009-2010 season when Inverness absolutely strolled to take 1st Division title despite Dundee (cheats) being bankrolled by that strange looking Calum Melville chap.

Just reminds me of when we papped Inverness in a Scottish cup semi final and a challenge cup final.

If Bain is fit Id start him. Other than that, McAlister for Stewart and play 4-2-3-1.

Yogi will destroy ICT eventually but he needs more time to properly f**k them up so this will be a tough game. Would be happy with a point but playing away from home might just suit us.

Agree - 5 man midfield with JMac in for Stewart.

I have to good feeling about this. 3-0 Inverness.This fixture always reminds me of the 2009-2010 season when Inverness absolutely strolled to take 1st Division title despite Dundee (cheats) being bankrolled by that strange looking Calum Melville chap.

This fixture always reminds me of your tinky club shop in an old container in front of your main stand, your half finished stadium and sitting about 30 yards from the goals. Also the shite atmosphere and the uneasy stand off in the off licence under the stand before kick off.

I have to good feeling about this. 3-0 Inverness. This fixture always reminds me of the 2009-2010 season when Inverness absolutely strolled to take 1st Division title despite Dundee (cheats) being bankrolled by that strange looking Calum Melville chap.

This fixture always reminds me of your tinky club shop in an old container in front of your main stand, your half finished stadium and sitting about 30 yards from the goals. Also the shite atmosphere and the uneasy stand off in the off licence under the stand before kick off.

3003368.jpg

Archived