Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dundee FC - 13/08/14

It seems like ICT suffer from the same problems we did on Saturday - putting ourselves under pressure with short passing from the back with Killie pressing high. Once we stopped the short passing in our own danger areas we were well on top.

Our goal was never under pressure apart from a couple of shots that brought out saves from Brill. Hamilton didn't press us enough they didn't look quick or sharp enough. They seemed more worried about what we could do to them, while we never needed to get out of 2nd gear for most of the match.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mckay is our main goal threat, that's clear. I think the main difference between 2012-13 and last season is that in the former season we had Andy Shinnie and Richie Foran chipping in with double figures whereas last season Doran was our leading scorer after Mckay with eight goals.

Christie has chipped in with four goals at the end of last season and the beginning of this but we don't want to be relying on a 19 year old. I'd look at Watkins, Draper, Warren, Vincent, Ross and Tansey to target five goals each this season if they are in the team regularly. Difficulty is again that we tend to get pushed back and play deeper, which can make it harder to get midfielders into the box and in scoring positions.

They are all fuds thats why.

You need to emphasis that more by inserting an h in between the f and the u, they will understand that if they can read and some might get upset about it. Apart from that anyway they lack basic toilet training as demonstrated at Dens season before last.

However if they do get too much alcohol in them they have the tendency to start fighting amongst themselves and even been known to get stabby with each other.

Noone really thinks we are world beaters. We beat Hamilton away and you drew with Killie at home. Both teams (Killie and Accies) are obviously gonna be around the playoff battle (and Dundee probably). Our result was much better than Dundees but I'm not sure if our style of play is. Still confident about this.

Noone really thinks we are world beaters. We beat Hamilton away and you drew with Killie at home. Both teams (Killie and Accies) are obviously gonna be around the playoff battle (and Dundee probably). Our result was much better than Dundees but I'm not sure if our style of play is. Still confident about this.

Just don't think you can say that. I expect both ourselves and Killie to be comfortably ahead of Hamilton come the end of the season.

I have no idea what point you are trying to prove here.

But do go on. :)

Seems a pretty simple point to me. Hamilton have barely added to their squad - no doubt owing to lack of resources and a desire to live within their means. That's admirable but they really ought to struggle against most teams this season. Killie have lost Boyd but have managed to make 1 or 2 improvements as well. Killie are an established SPL club. It seems obvious to me that Hamilton, on paper, are inferior to Killie.

It seems like both teams like to play a possession game so there will be large spells for both teams when there in control. We're creating chances, it's just about putting them away. That was our main problem Saturday.

Hawkins took the penalty well against Killie, but has anyone seen such a soft penalty given by a referee?

Can see the good guys running out 4-1 winners, with Christie, Williams and McKay running the show.

Your match was also against inferior opposition though, you were expected to win.

Going by the way Dundee fans are bragging about being a top 6 side, you should be expected to beat them at home. Killie will not finish top 6, so to do so you have to be beating them at home.

Just don't think you can say that. I expect both ourselves and Killie to be comfortably ahead of Hamilton come the end of the season.

I think I can say that, Killie, as Dundee fans love to point out, have lost goals in Boyd, so won't be much better this year. You lot drew with then at home and are still claiming to be a top 6 side? You, Killie, Hamilton, St Mirren and Partick should comfortably occupy the bottom 5 spots

Archived