Sportsound Watch

42 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

This constant obsession with how our game is perceived in England is beyond tiresome. 

Derek Adams also talking an absolute power of shite with regards to how strong the standard of football in England's League Two is. It's a horrific level of football where jobbers like Graham Carey, Jake Jervis and Gregg Wylde shine through.

I totally agree with this. 

I totally agree with this. 

Jerel Ifil attempted a 5 yard pass against St Mirren which ended up in Ferguslie. He was apparently a decent player in that league.

Chris Clark was meant to be a stand out at Plymouth but was utter shite when he came back up the road. Pathetic excuse for a player.

Calvin Zola. Brilliant YouTube clips. But remains DMs worst and most worrying signing.

There's many more I could mention but it gives me the fear at the amount of crap we have had in last 15 years.

Total myth of that standard and no surprise Adams is talking pish.

Don't really have a problem with diving tbh, it's up to referees to stop it. I'd be raging if a Motherwell player had the chance to win an 89th minute penalty against Celtic and stayed on his feet.

That makes you a wee bit of a c**t tbh.

2 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Jerel Ifil attempted a 5 yard pass against St Mirren which ended up in Ferguslie. He was apparently a decent player in that league.

Jerel Awful as he was known, was Swindon fans player of the season before he came to Pittodrie.

I can't think of a worse player for Aberdeen.  Ritchie 'Roberto Carlos' Byrne used to give me the shyts when the ball went near him.  

Every one of Jamie McQuilken's seven appearances are burned in horror on my retinas!

But to paraphrase Snead O'Conner, "Nothing compares, nothing compares to the f**k nugget,  ineptitude of Jerel"!

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

Charlie Adam was average at best whilst in Scotland yet lit up the Premier League for a period. Adam Rooney flopped in the lower leagues on England but is one of the best strikers in Scotland now. Some good players just don't have good stints or work out at certain clubs. Certainly believe we are a much better standard than League 2 of England but just because Graham Carey is flying down South or that Jerel Ifil was a complete bombscare here doesn't give credence to it being stronger IMO.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Utter pish. You aren't 'entitled to go down'. To do so is diving and thus cheating.

Also McManus (and McDonald) were quite clear that they consider any kind of contact at all excuse enough to cheat. Diving is diving, and isn't acceptable in any situation.

They weren't quite clear at all and didn't say any kind of contact was an excuse to cheat at all but carry on it suits your agenda. Mcmanus said if you are fouled in the box or clipped then you are entitled to go down. For example your striker is one v one with the goalie in the last min to win a game he goes round the keeper who fouls/impedes him but he stays on his feet but goes 2 wide and is knocked off balance and misses its a foul but he doesn't go down and ref doesn't give it are you seriously telling me that the striker is not entitled to go down ? Fans would be raging so would his manager an team mates.

They weren't quite clear at all and didn't say any kind of contact was an excuse to cheat at all but carry on it suits your agenda. Mcmanus said if you are fouled in the box or clipped then you are entitled to go down. For example your striker is one v one with the goalie in the last min to win a game he goes round the keeper who fouls/impedes him but he stays on his feet but goes 2 wide and is knocked off balance and misses its a foul but he doesn't go down and ref doesn't give it are you seriously telling me that the striker is not entitled to go down ? Fans would be raging so would his manager an team mates.

That's a fair point. He said clipped, but he didn't say fouled. Plenty of players get clipped or there is contact but it doesn't make it a foul. But you defo make a valid point.

I think we're all clutching at straws here. Fact is we all pretty much agree this type of acting is wrong and end of day SFA should respond due to video evidence and ban the wee cheat for a match or two. See how County like that with 5 matches to go in a relegation battle. Sure the manager won't be too happy about it. So some justice at least.

29 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

That's a fair point. He said clipped, but he didn't say fouled. Plenty of players get clipped or there is contact but it doesn't make it a foul. But you defo make a valid point.

I think we're all clutching at straws here. Fact is we all pretty much agree this type of acting is wrong and end of day SFA should respond due to video evidence and ban the wee cheat for a match or two. See how County like that with 5 matches to go in a relegation battle. Sure the manager won't be too happy about it. So some justice at least.

Yeah course there is a difference if it's a literally a light brush like the Morton boy  and goes down it's cheating but if players are actually fouled or tackled they are going to go down especially in the box no doubting the County boy has blatantly cheated but to say if you go down when you are clipped or tackled is cheating is totally wrong. So I think both the boys were right it may have been taken wrong.

As much as I despise diving/simulation/exaggeration/making the most of it, there was an incident recently, can't remember who, where the player was fouled in the box but stayed on his feet and the ref waved play on. He said when he asked the ref about it he was told he would have given it if he had gone down. What chance have you got of eradicating diving from the game if refs are scared to give decisions like that?

As much as I despise diving/simulation/exaggeration/making the most of it, there was an incident recently, can't remember who, where the player was fouled in the box but stayed on his feet and the ref waved play on. He said when he asked the ref about it he was told he would have given it if he had gone down. What chance have you got of eradicating diving from the game if refs are scared to give decisions like that?

Big Tope Adebiyi in last year's play off at TFS?

21 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Big Tope Adebiyi in last year's play off at TFS?

I don't think so as the one I'm thinking of I heard of within the last few weeks although it may just have been a repeat of what your saying.

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Don't really have a problem with diving tbh, it's up to referees to stop it. I'd be raging if a Motherwell player had the chance to win an 89th minute penalty against Celtic and stayed on his feet.

What if it was a Celtic player diving to win a pen against you though,let's face it that would be far more likely to be given.

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

And you'll be fine if Greg Tansey goes down lightly in the last minute of your match on May 20th to relegate your team.

You really can't ever come on and moan about opponents diving at anytime with a mindset like yours.

Edited by ayrmad

15 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

This constant obsession with how our game is perceived in England is beyond tiresome. 

Derek Adams also talking an absolute power of shite with regards to how strong the standard of football in England's League Two is. It's a horrific level of football where jobbers like Graham Carey, Jake Jervis and Gregg Wylde shine through.

Isn't this the second or third time they've had Adams on since he went down south? It seems a bit odd that he's so popular with the Beeb considering he seems almost universally reviled in Scottish football.

14 hours ago, BigBadBoaby said:

The problem there is that the referee should give the penalty but often times don't. If referees start applying the laws properly then going down in that case wouldn't be an issue at all.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The problem there is that the referee should give the penalty but often times don't. If referees start applying the laws properly then going down in that case wouldn't be an issue at all.

You seem to be assuming that all referees (and linesmen) have the same view/vantage point at all games. Obviously they don't, and this is probably the main reason that we don't see the consistency people expect, although said consistency is impossible unless you scrutinise every single decision using various camera angles and slow motion replays.

This was specifically in relation to the incident highlighted previously where apparently the ref said he'd have given a penalty had the player not stayed on his feet. Even so, the cameras don't always have perfect views either - how many times do you watch MotD and see incidents from several angles where they seem to contraindict each other - and I'd rather have consistency in the application of the laws (see also: shirt pulling, grappling in the box at corners et al) before video refs.

And you'll be fine if Greg Tansey goes down lightly in the last minute of your match on May 20th to relegate your team.

You really can't ever come on and moan about opponents diving at anytime with a mindset like yours.

Correct. Why would I get annoyed at Tansey for doing the job he's payed to do and win for his club by means necessary? If I was annoyed at anybody in this hypothetical situation it'd be the referee for being fooled.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil