Sportsound Watch

18 hours ago, ropy said:

What was the second yellow for?

As he walked to dug out, Morton fans were chanting “Brian Graham, you’re a w*****””

Responded with a get it up you gesture.

Then stopped during walk of shame to dressing room offering to see Morton fans outside.

Pantomime stuff!

36 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

So glad Richard Gordon mentioned the gulf in finances, and it was exactly the response from bonnar you would expect. Scottish football is beyond repair at this point, and it's pointless playing the old firm.

Bonner was perplexed.

Maybe it was because Richard Gordon tore him a new arsehole.

Or maybe it’s just because he’s thick as pig shit. 

Bonner’s hypocrisy was laughable. 
He’s an absolute simpleton 

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Anyone going to tell us what Bonner said?

He blamed budgets for the 6-0 Celtic hiding in Madrid.

Richard Gordon then eviscerated him for doing so, citing Celtic’s budget over Aberdeen (whilst also acknowledging Aberdeen were pitiful today).

Bonner, unsurprisingly, had no response. 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He blamed budgets for the 6-0 Celtic hiding in Madrid.

Richard Gordon then eviscerated him for doing so, citing Celtic’s budget over Aberdeen (whilst also acknowledging Aberdeen were pitiful today).

Bonner, unsurprisingly, had no response. 

Bonner basically blamed Aberdeen and the rest of Scottish football for not preparing Celtic for the rigours of the Champions League. Gordon had barely started to say “Well the clubs need more money to challenge…” when Bonner started scoffing loudly and said “But I seem to recall Willie (Miller) and his teams doing not too badly against my Celtic team on occasions” before Richard Gordon could point out that yes, they did, and that was possible because the teams were far more evenly matched financially in those days. 

I turned off at that point but other listeners may be able to confirm if Richard Gordon then attempted to explain to Packie the difference between small, plastic toy cows and real cows in a field that were far away. Cause that was pretty much the level at which we were operating. 

10 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

I do not understand why the other 40 spfl clubs continue on this arrangement where two clubs get richer every season. 

Boot the two arse cheeks out and let them chase their dream of mediocrity in the English leagues if that's what they want.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Boot the two arse cheeks out and let them chase their dream of mediocrity in the English leagues if that's what they want.

Given both sets of arse cheek supporters consistently sing songs about Ireland perhaps that’s where they should head……after all “if we go to Dublin we will follow on”. 

They could take Bonner and English with them perhaps?

On 11/11/2023 at 19:57, Thenorthernlight said:

“Dindee”

”big big drama”

”late, LATE goal”. 

“ibricks” 

“So many talking points”, he says about half a dozen times without ever going over the talking points because he’d rather talk about VAR or Rangers.

Man’s a fucking idiot.

14 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Levein has gone.

Pat Nevin ?

Iwelmo and McCann were o.k. last night

P S. Aberdeen a disgrace to Scottish football again.

It does not hate me to say it these days

13 hours ago, velo army said:

Aye Nevin does okay and is obviously smart. I don't recall him ever saying anything particularly insightful though. I do like Iwelumo although he doesn't give the impression of being a sparkling intellect either. Tbh I just want it to stop being a daft lads' club. 

I want it to be me actually 🤣. It's beyond frustrating when I know what's missing from the debate but am powerless to affect it. It must be what it's like to be a ghost.

Iwelumo said on Sportscene on Saturday night that Hibs winning 1-0 was more impressive than if they’d won 2-0 or 3-0.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Iwelumo said on Sportscene on Saturday night that Hibs winning 1-0 was more impressive than if they’d won 2-0 or 3-0.

With the right context, that’s not an altogether stupid comment. 

If you have a team that’s used to throwing games away at 1-0, grinding out that win is impressive in its own way - and yes, possibly more so than a fairly relaxed 2 or 3-0 win. 

53 minutes ago, The Master said:

If you have a team that’s used to throwing games away at 1-0, grinding out that win is impressive in its own way - and yes, possibly more so than a fairly relaxed 2 or 3-0 win. 

Aye. That's what I took from that. He didn't explain it too well, but I think he meant along the lines of proving to themselves they could see out a tight game, as they'd failed to do so so often.

A 3-0 win would obviously have been nice for them, but that performance is one they can use as evidence that they can win tight games.

4 hours ago, The Master said:

It will give us confidence for the next time

8 hours ago, The Master said:

That’s verging on The Emperor’s New Clothes.

On 12/11/2023 at 16:29, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Pat Nevin ?

He was a pundit for the recent Copa Libertadores final and he said: "You won't score if you don't hit the target". I am indebted to him for this incisive observation.