Sportsound Watch

McIntyre on Sunday - "Rangers v Aberdeen in the League Cup Final, and we're guaranteed a cracking game today."

Aren't cup finals usually pretty shite?  This one definitely was (granted, I'm biased).  He must be so continually disappointed when every match doesn't turn out to be the best game ever.  

I don't mind him that much it would put me off listening to the programme, but I don't value any of his opinions and his style of hosting isn't my preference. Richard Gordon set the standard for me being thoughtful and professional and McIntyre will never be that, different personality and style.

30 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I don't mind him that much it would put me off listening to the programme, but I don't value any of his opinions and his style of hosting isn't my preference. Richard Gordon set the standard for me being thoughtful and professional and McIntyre will never be that, different personality and style.

Yet both are simply cheerleaders. McIntyre parhaps more obviously and stupidly but Richard Gordon with his insistence that every bog standard tediously predictable premiership Saturday was 'fascinating' is equally myopic. A league that has been won by only two clubs since 1985 can be called many things but 'fascinating' is certainly not one of them. We should parhaps give Derek Adams the presenters gig !

Edited by kennie makevin

6 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

I would rather he, or anyone, would tell the truth. 

I don't think he could do that and keep his job. So that's the problem these people face sadly.

Edited by 2426255

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not that it’s a reason not to do it, but if the old firm ever left and went to England, we’d probably find a situation where our national media didn’t cover Scottish football other than a token nod. 

Two MASSIVE games where 12th place Celtic host 14th placed Fulham, while Rangers, who are 15th travel to Brentford. Absolutely sensational. Oh, and an Edinburgh Derby, Dunfermline v Raith Rovers and Dundee Utd v Aberdeen too - full details on the website. But first, it's over to Packie Bonner at Celtic Park.

57 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not that it’s a reason not to do it, but if the old firm ever left and went to England, we’d probably find a situation where our national media didn’t cover Scottish football other than a token nod. 

So...like we have now pretty much?

The rights to the SPFL 'coverage' would probably remain with BBC Scotland, although others could bid for them. No doubt they'd still have the usual sycophants and cowards spaffing over Celtic and Sevco and would still w**k incessantly over them, but they wouldn't be able to covet their games live I don't think (wouldn't stop them updating you on them every opportunity they get), as those rights don't sit with BBC Scotland.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Get ready for MacIntyre and his usual pish spouting about 

Drama, 

Cracking games

Weekend of excitement.

"But first, big news emerging from Aye-bricks thiz avdernoon" to be followed by an update that Clement had scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning.

Vee Ayy Arr

20 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Two MASSIVE games where 12th place Celtic host 14th placed Fulham, while Rangers, who are 15th travel to Brentford. Absolutely sensational. Oh, and an Edinburgh Derby, Dunfermline v Raith Rovers and Dundee Utd v Aberdeen too - full details on the website. But first, it's over to Packie Bonner at Celtic Park.

Cup weekend?