Sportsound Watch

On 15/11/2016 at 12:44, Hammer Jag said:

It's a complete waste of time asking anyone still involved in Scottish football if they think Strachan should go. You'll hear the same mealy-mouthed cliches every time.

"who could do a better job?"

"you can only work with what you've got"

"he still has the support of the players".

Thank god for the likes of Tom English, Tam McManus and the fine people of P&B.

English owned Jackson the other night on Sportsound he was a gibberish wreck when asked why he wanted everyone out bar his wee pal GS and Tam mcmanus is the only current or ex pro I have heard speak out against Strachan and say we should be doing better with the players we have that will be him blackballed in coaching no doubt but his honesty is so refreshing among the cliches of his ex players Boyd  calwell etc. 

I must say I've seen pub league centre halfs that would have headered that ball into the net, Hanley never even headered it, these guys might be better in club football than some other players but that doesn't necessarily mean that a lesser player couldn't step up and prove to be a better international.

I know it's a different sport but I've watched many a limited boxer improving significantly for winning a world title, Steve Robinson springs to mind.

Judging him on one header now? Can his headed winner at Old Trafford for Blackburn not cancel it out?

Stick this guys getting is incredible.

If I was Hanley I'd find it incredibly insulting to see some of the names suggested to play over me after the career he's had in comparison.

STILL 24 years old. 183 appearances for Blackburn in the EPL and Championship, captained them, 27 caps for us, now at a huge club that paid 8 million for him and some people think he couldn't cut it up here.

:lol:

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Judging him on one header now? Can his headed winner at Old Trafford for Blackburn not cancel it out?

If I was Hanley I'd find it incredibly insulting to see some of the names suggested to play over me after the career he's had in comparison.

STILL 24 years old. 183 appearances for Blackburn in the EPL and Championship, captained them, 27 caps for us, now at a huge club that paid 8 million for him and some people think he couldn't cut it up here.

Hes been horrible for Scotland. 8m! Fuckin Blackburn robbed them. He's Hopeless. 

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm talking about international football and he certainly isn't all that at international level, I don't care if he stands out every week in the EPL when I'm considering him as an international.

A team in England spent millions on a mediocre player from another team in England? Must mean he's good then. :lol:

That's not what anyone's saying

I'm saying he's much better than the rest of the dross that's been suggested to take his place in the team. In Scotland terms he's as good as we've got.

I'm saying he's much better than the rest of the dross that's been suggested to take his place in the team. In Scotland terms he's as good as we've got.

Hanley is gash. Now he's gash and can't hold down a first team spot.

He's in a lucky position as ordinarily he'd be nowhere near a cap, but due to our lack of centre halves he gets a game. TBH I'd rather we experimented with the other centre halves we have.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And I'm saying we'll never know if they're all dross at international level until they play at international level, we certainly know he's been dross at that level so far.

The money spent between clubs in England has virtually zero indication of how good a footballer is.  All it is, is chairmen flexing their muscles to show all the other chairmen how much money they have.

Hanley is fucking pish for Scotland and always has been. I couldn't care less if he puts in MOTM performances every week for Newcastle if he's not doing it for Scotland. If it's not working why not change it; why do we persist with the same old shite time after time.

No way... Until this campaign he was touted as a future captain and him and Martin had done well. They had some good performances together.

I think Martins now slowly coming to the end of his career and now Patterson, who can't defend in the Scottish Prem ffs, is in at RB the defence as a whole is a lot weaker. Hanleys still our main player back there. Minus Tierney and Robertson obviously.

Scape goat and a million times better than any other centre half options. Aside from Berra, who he's still better than.

Neil Lennon speaking unbelievable pish tonight. He's pretty much rimming Strachan given his backing for him. Seemingly there was some sort of huge improvement at Wembley where we were unlucky.

Oh and he dismissed Scotland ever having a foreign manager again because Bertie Vogts never worked out