Is anyone so determined in their views that they will...

Casual Bystander

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the disappointed scheme goblins can go to Norway and then report back on their utopia like this chap did...

http://mylittlenorway.com/2010/04/do-you-really-want-to-live-in-norway/

That is a little left-field, what relevance has Norway to this? Yes they have a public fund regarding their oil production but that is about the only parallel other than perhaps the size of population.

As I have spent time in Norway and have several friends who are native Norwegians who consider the country particularly good in comparison to others. Yes there are high taxes, but also in turn their pay is higher. Norway continually comes in the top 5 of quality of life indices. I have read that blog before and I find it to hold a negative and not entirely accurate picture although I don't doubt that the person feels they are speaking without bias.

That is a little left-field, what relevance has Norway to this? Yes they have a public fund regarding their oil production but that is about the only parallel other than perhaps the size of population.

As I have spent time in Norway and have several friends who are native Norwegians who consider the country particularly good in comparison to others. Yes there are high taxes, but also in turn their pay is higher. Norway continually comes in the top 5 of quality of life indices. I have read that blog before and I find it to hold a negative and not entirely accurate picture although I don't doubt that the person feels they are speaking without bias.

It a favourite "but look at" country that has been blessed by the loony left involved in the failed yes campaign. Perhaps the people claiming they are going to leave might be considering going there? Who knows?

That particular blogger wasnt being remotely negative. He was simply giving information. He also directs the reader to another blogger who writes an entirely positive piece on living there.

That particular blogger wasnt being remotely negative. He was simply giving information. He also directs the reader to another blogger who writes an entirely positive piece on living there.

She, and yes she was being. More so in the comments actually.

As I say I have read that blog before and passed it onto my friend living in Oslo. Now he has a good job (it was with Dell but has moved recently) and was paid well for it, so had no particular money worries, but he found it a little harsh.

Perhaps "LJ" just felt there was too much positive spin in regard to Norway and wished to address that.

She, and yes she was being. More so in the comments actually.

As I say I have read that blog before and passed it onto my friend living in Oslo. Now he has a good job (it was with Dell but has moved recently) and was paid well for it, so had no particular money worries, but he found it a little harsh.

Perhaps "LJ" just felt there was too much positive spin in regard to Norway and wished to address that.

Was anything mentioned in that piece untrue?

Still more interested in shooting the messenger rather than deal with the message. I take it you are a No voter.

Bollox!. Do you not take responsibility for either what you say or write?.

I think that whenever someone comes out with this 'shooting the messenger' crap.

I'm not sure about the referendum result but if you continue starting threads then I'm considering moving to somewhere with a more restrictive internet policy. North Korea sounds nice.

Was anything mentioned in that piece untrue?

I think it is the tone that is the issue. I mean what is it that we didn't know that she says? What part of it is new? Unless of course people thought that Norway was some sort of utopia, and I can't see why they would say that.

Bollox!. Do you not take responsibility for either what you say or write?.

I think that whenever someone comes out with this 'shooting the messenger' crap.

When met with someone who wishes to belittle the poster rather than answer the question posed, then the only conclusion is that they do not wish to confront that issue raised. When "RedRob" engages in sensible debate only then they be rewarded by a sensible answer. Be facetious then you will be met with equal facetiousness.

I'm not sure about the referendum result but if you continue starting threads then I'm considering moving to somewhere with a more restrictive internet policy. North Korea sounds nice.

I was told that I was doing too much sniping and providing no facts or raising enough points. I have addressed that. I believe all the threads created are entirely relevant.

When met with someone who wishes to belittle the poster rather than answer the question posed, then the only conclusion is that they do not wish to confront that issue raised. When "RedRob" engages in sensible debate only then they be rewarded by a sensible answer. Be facetious then you will be met with equal facetiousness.

Or you could just ignore him and answer a different poster who's post is more relevant to the question asked.

Mate of mine is about to move out to Norway for a job. I'm very jealous.

That article reads as if its written by someone with a Reynard-esque misunderstanding of social democratic/buckled lefty thinking: "Moving to Norway for social benefits"? Whit? That completely and deliberately misses the point about why people hold up Norway as an example.

In Norway a bottom end wage is about kr. 240,000,- For most countries that seems a lot but in Norway you can just scrape by on that for one person. The poverty level is considered below kr. 215,000

Notice the low end job figure is actually larger than the poverty level. Little things like paying people enough money to adequately live is what people strive to replicate in their country.

It's not about "shaking the money tree" / "wanting someone else to pay" or whatever bitter right-wing shite Reynard always greets about. Whatever the Norwegians have done, they seem to have a country where the vast majority of people contribute and benefit from the system. Fair play.

I think it is the tone that is the issue. I mean what is it that we didn't know that she says? What part of it is new? Unless of course people thought that Norway was some sort of utopia, and I can't see why they would say that.

Its certainly been named checked often enough. Our respective welfare systems are actually very high, just that more seems to be expected of claimants in Norway in terms of being forced to be active. I think thats one good aspect we should be pursuing with a lot more vigour. But then youd have certain people up in arms about foced labour and all the rest of it. Who knows. I have zero intention of ever living in Norway or anywhere else, life is pretty good here really.

Or you could just ignore him and answer a different poster who's post is more relevant to the question asked.

It wasn't the question that was posed in the OP, it was the completely unnecessary and highly suspect story it was dressed up in as yet another dig at Rangers fans in general through the independence debate. The guy talks about hatred, bigotry and bitterness in others when it’s absolutely reeking out of him. It's an all-consuming theme in many of his posts that begs pity more than anything else.

For what is worth, I will be voting No and won’t be leaving anywhere in the event of a Yes majority, similarly I know of other Rangers fans/mates who are voting Yes and will be staying put if it’s a No. We'll take what happens either way on Sept 18th and just get on with it.

All this inflated talk of people 'upping sticks' and leaving the Country if the vote doesn't go their way is a lot of nonsense imo.

It wasn't the question that was posed in the OP, it was the completely unnecessary and highly suspect story it was dressed up in as yet another dig at Rangers fans in general through the independence debate. The guy talks about hatred, bigotry and bitterness in others when it’s absolutely reeking out of him. It's an all-consuming theme in many of his posts that begs pity more than anything else.

For what is worth, I will be voting No and won’t be leaving anywhere in the event of a Yes majority, similarly I know of other Rangers fans/mates who are voting Yes and will be staying put if it’s a No. We'll take what happens either way on Sept 18th and just get on with it.

All this inflated talk of people 'upping sticks' and leaving the Country if the vote doesn't go their way is a lot of nonsense imo.

I can respect your decision, you have your own reasons for voting no.

The talk of upping sticks and leaving the country after the result if it doesn't go that person's way If true it should be taken as seriously as a childish strop and not treated with any weight. I see the propaganda intensifying over the next few weeks and the politics getting more desperate and nasty the closer it gets to the 18th Sept.

I just don't think you are clever enough to recognise the point being made, to be honest.

I take the definition from the OED.

Are you following me about? Well that is both flattering and disconcerting at the same time.

NOUN
A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions:don’t let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the cityhe was a fanatical bigot
From the OED. Now get lost you stupid, bigoted, pseudo intellectual, Xanthippe.

Archived