Is anyone so determined in their views that they will...

Casual Bystander

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do believe that you need to learn the meaning of bigotry before you use it in a premise. Incremental incorrect inferences may be a wonderful alliteration but it makes for poor debate.

Is intolerance of others views not bigotry??? The predicate of your sentence makes no sense at all. Just like you really!

this casual bystander comes across as a bit of a salmond zealot who seems to connect no voters with sectarianism and bigotry.

this numpty is just as bad as the scaremongers who use the tory and liberal minded tabloids to frighten voters into voting no.

i would not be surprised if he was part of some scottish liberation extremist group who poses on social networks in front of a st andrews flag with a toy or replica rifle, giving it full rants about london rule.

National%20Liberation.jpg

Got her, or is it It in one.

...leave the country if the referendum vote goes against their wishes?

I was speaking to someone today who gave the immortal line of "I'll leave the country if we vote Yes". Naturally he was a rotund simpleton in his 40's who sported a Rangers top, had an ugly dog on a lead and was bedecked with unionist, loyalist and paramilitary tattoos. He could barely speak for the amount of Greggs sausage roll he was feeding into his corpulent face while bestowing the virtues of the Queen and the military and how his grandfather had fought to "keep Britain British" (subtlety and international politics of the 30's/40's was clearly not his strong point). The final flourish was to proclaim that the No vote would win because Alex Salmond was "fat and stupid". The irony was lost upon this ne'er-do-well although I did enjoy the lack of awareness on his behalf. The picture of a typical, uneducated, bigoted No voter was complete.

After spending several minutes giving him "the banter" about how he was just "at it" and no matter what way the vote goes he'll be sitting pretty, claiming his dole; it was a guess, although no surprise it was correct, but he was adamant.

Are there any people here who will leave the country dependent on the result?

Yet another thread started by someone with far to much time on their hands, pathetic

I won't be moving back to Scotland anytime soon regardless of what happens.

Scotland will be a better place if the oddballs threatening to leave if they don't get their way actually do bugger off. They won't though, because they're grandstanding shitebags.

Is intolerance of others views not bigotry??? The predicate of your sentence makes no sense at all. Just like you really!

I am guessing you need to brush up on the language, I presume, you consider native. Bigotry is not simply disagreeing with others views despite your continued assumption it is. I would also be keen to see what you think is the predicate is in relation to my reply as it seems you have looked up the dictionary for a "clever" word but then used it out of context.

you+keep+using+that+word.png

Not entirely sure the point you are trying to make. Lugubrious means someone who is of a negative demeanour. Which would fit the description of our pastry comestible consumer although I had used it in general sense meaning I will banter with anyone should I feel in the mood.

this casual bystander comes across as a bit of a salmond zealot who seems to connect no voters with sectarianism and bigotry.

Would this be the same 'alliance' of No voters that includes the Orange Order, the SDL or the most ardent xenophobes in Westminster? A parcel of rogues seems an apt description. As I have oft quoted already, "Qui cum canibus concumbunt cum pulicibus surgent". Simply pointing this out seems to raise the ire in those who do not wish to face up to the facts.

As for political movements, the only one I have been an official member of was CND, and while I do find Salmond the most palatable (no food pun intended) of the politicians that is more down to those who oppose independence consists of the likes of Lamont, Davidson, Alexander (both Danny and Douglas), Cameron, Osborne, Clegg, Miliband, Brown and Darling.

Yet another thread started by someone with far to much time on their hands, pathetic
Not sure if you have picked up on the modus operandi of an Internet forum, and especially a sub forum dedicated to the Scottish independence debate, but the idea is that people start threads and others answer it. If you find the question, "would an opposite result in the referendum to which you would want result in you leaving the country?" so utterly out of context then perhaps you are not really suited to such online debates.
In short, your pointless post complaining that my post is equally pointless is wonderfully meta.

Not entirely sure the point you are trying to make. Lugubrious, generally, means someone who is of a negative demeanour. Which would fit the description of our pastry comestible consumer although where I had used it was in a more

Meh, your very full description of this 'gentleman' made your later 'lugubrious' a little redundant, certainly 'ne'er-do-well' has different connotations so you can no doubt see why I questioned it.

Not sure if you have picked up on the modus operandi of an Internet forum, and especially a sub forum dedicated to the Scottish independence debate, but the idea is that people start threads and others answer it. If you find the question, "would an opposite result in the referendum to which you would want result in you leaving the country?" so utterly out of context then perhaps you are not really suited to such online debates.
In short, your pointless post complaining that my post is equally pointless is wonderfully meta.

This thread does not add anything to the debate, just another thread that will get hi-jacked by "Yessrs" to deny the fact that there campaign is "tanking"

Meh, your very full description of this 'gentleman' made your later 'lugubrious' a little redundant, certainly 'ne'er-do-well' has different connotations so you can no doubt see why I questioned it.

Perhaps this was my fault for not being entirely clear, but the lugubrious reference was being used in general; as in I am willing to "banter" with anyone (well clearly up to a limit).

i no not of any alliance between no voters

Well now you are aware of them. If there is a No vote, then it will be reliant on those who spread hatred, bigotry and xenophobia. This will be the real shame of BT although of course they refuse to acknowledge that they need this support in order to succeed.

there is something you have said that springs out and is concerning and that is you want everyone by law to vote, yet this is a democratic country. i find this most disturbing and hints at a more sinister agenda.

If you think that encouraging those to involve themselves in the democratic process as "sinister" or "disturbing" then I feel you are not the best judge.

This thread does not add anything to the debate, just another thread that will get hi-jacked by "Yessrs" to deny the fact that there campaign is "tanking"

Subjective and erroneous, in that order.

I am guessing you need to brush up on the language, I presume, you consider native. Bigotry is not simply disagreeing with others views despite your continued assumption it is. I would also be keen to see what you think is the predicate is in relation to my reply as it seems you have looked up the dictionary for a "clever" word but then used it out of context.

You don't "simply disagree" with no voters views, you are intolerant of them, and that is bigotry. Gotcha and we all know it now, as you are drearily droning on about simply disagreeing with others views.

Incremental incorrect inferences may be a wonderful alliteration but it makes for poor debate.

You seem to be trying to predicate, affirm or assert something here, so you are trying to predict, but you don't come to a point. My inference that bigotry is showing intolerance is correct, and there is no alliteration. This is just gibberish that may impress gullible bystanders, but you don't get away with it with me.

Someone jokingly said CB was a Supras in disguise.

They might be right.

he is an alias for someone, not sure its supras though, but he will reveal himself, surely

Well if anything I know that I can add "inability to use to quote function properly" to the litany of your 'crimes'. Oh, and just to confirm, predicate and predict when used in the context of grammar are not same thing. To say I was "trying to predicate" makes so little sense that a primary school teacher would pull you up on it. If you are wondering, yes there was a predicate in that last sentence, in fact several of them, yet no predictions.

Once more you have taken an extremely loose definition of bigotry and applied it to your argument. While you may feel this is sufficient, it really does show a very poor quality debating style.

Well if anything I know that I can add "inability to use to quote function properly" to the litany of your 'crimes'. Oh, and just to confirm, predicate and predict when used in the context of grammar are not same thing. To say I was "trying to predicate" makes so little sense that a primary school teacher would pull you up on it. If you are wondering, yes there was a predicate in that last sentence, in fact several of them, yet no predictions.

Once more you have taken an extremely loose definition of bigotry and applied it to your argument. While you may feel this is sufficient, it really does show a very poor quality debating style.

As I said you don't come to a point. So tell me what does bigotry mean? You tell me, and where you get your definition from. Or are you your own lexicographer. Seems like it.

As I said you don't come to a point.

I just don't think you are clever enough to recognise the point being made, to be honest.

So tell me what does bigotry mean? You tell me, and where you get your definition from. Or are you your own lexicographer. Seems like it.

I take the definition from the OED.

Where are you CB. You are not on the user list. Are You away on wiki to get an answer.

Are you following me about? Well that is both flattering and disconcerting at the same time.

Where are you CB. You are not on the user list. Are You away on wiki to get an answer.

I am guessing you are not aware that a simple checkbox when logging in will result in your profile not being shown.

Sorry CB, but I have to go to bed now to get early in the morning so that you can collect your benefits. :) .

Does this actually make sense?

Archived