Partick Thistle vs Hamilton Accies - 23/08/14

As for Gary Fraser apparently he was a wee p***k at accies and thought he was bigger than he was.

Times I have met him he seemed a pretty decent guy though, couldn't of left on terribly bad terms because I've seen him at Accies games when thistle haven't been playing,

Glad to see he has screwed the head but, cracking player.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of Gary Fraser don't think it's really one or the other, from what I was informed about the situation once Bolton came in the first time things changed, he wanted to stay with us because he felt that it would take a long time to get anywhere near boltons first team, so now he thought that this merited him to become a first team, the management however didnt see it that way, so he felt that it be just as well to move on. He does come to a few games because I know he's quite good friends with some of the players.

I think Accies cloned him using a fleck of Scott Brown's spit.

That could be a typo, I'll leave you to make up your own mind.

That's not a bad shout Nizzy. When he joined Accies I made the comparison with Brown too, same style of player with similar good looks. ;) Can't fault the guy though. He should be a role model to the younger boys at our club. Plying his trade in the Junior leagues only a couple of years ago but he knuckled down, took his chance and has now made the step up to the Premiership at Accies.

As for the game Accies have ridden their luck in past two games, very unusual to keep a clean sheet , never mind back to back.

play the way we did over the last 2 games we should beat them,

Hmm. How have Accies played?

Been quite impressed with MacKinnon when I've watched him although not quite to the level of Chick Young who sounds like he literally spunks himself about him whenever the opportunity to discuss Hamilton arises.

Going by the highlights last night, I thought Hamilton were very fortunate to hold on for the win against St Johnstone. I think we'll possibly have too much for them in the wide areas and hopefully Fraser can continue his terrific form in the middle of the park. Hoping for a new left-back before Saturday as I don't think Keenan is up to it yet and it's perhaps a good chance to move Stevenson back into midfield to re-introduce Dools.

Quite looking forward to seeing Accies, they looked to have the makings of a decent team in 2012/13, being held back by Reidball- Gordon in particular was excellent and with another season under their belts some of the younger players from that team should have come on a fair bit. Astounded to read Canning is only 32, I had him as about 36/37. Him and Tena are why I'd be tempted to play Doolan up front rather than Stevenson.

ACCIES WIN all day long!!

play the way we did over the last 2 games we should beat them,

who do they have , wee gary fraser and ryan Stevenson , that's it !!

mon the accies!!!

Kallum Higginbotham, Stuart Bannian, Stephen O'Donnell, Kris Doolan, Paul Gallagher, Steven Lawless are just some of our players that would walk into your Accies side.

:1eye

Archived