Which football fanbase is most pro/anti independence?

Casual Bystander

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would seem that merely down to the size of the fanbase, that Falkirk has the biggest number of shitehawks. I'm guessing it's some sort of mutation due to the gasses from Grangemouth. Dundee not far behind. Another small club yet absolutely riddled with greeting faced nodrones.

The problem with Celtic fans' support is that they have the affiliation with supporting terrorism too. I wonder whether the Green Brigade could get some of those natty banners they hold up at games in favour of independence, maybe with some random and contrived quote about Bobby Sands and Alex Salmond fighting for a free Palestine.

Uh-oh, making the classic rookie mistake of assuming Leith is Edinburgh. If you know your history you'll know that Leith never voted for assimilation, it was all dodgy political shenanigans. Rather apt really considering it's the same way Scotland found itself in the Union.

Edinburgh, though, as we all know, is de facto English. In the same way West Berlin was not East Germany, Edinburgh is not Scotland.

Oh Soupy, are you not getting enough attention that you need to widen your net ?

:lol:

Ayr fans seem pretty pro-independence in general from what I can gather. Apart from one, every single Ayr fan I know is planning to vote Yes. There are a couple of vocal No voters on here but, from the last poll on here, they seem to be the only ones amongst our P&B support.

Flower of Scotland was sung 2 or 3 times every time we played Rangers last season, but I'm pretty sure that was just an attempt at a wind-up. I think it happens fairly often to them.

Edinburgh, though, as we all know, is de facto English. In the same way West Berlin was not East Germany, Edinburgh is not Scotland.

tumblr_inline_mg4mbsjHfP1ry4qim.gif

Anyway....

There's about ten Yes signs for every No sign in Marchmont/Bruntsfield, which (pleasantly) surprised me.

jj.pngjj.pngjj.png

Similarly, I saw an old American man in Stockbridge handing out yes stickers and what not to folk. I feared for him when I saw him in the distance as I thought the local brunch brigade would rip his limbs off, but every c**t was loving his chat as they got near him. That isn't to say Stockbridge would return a yes, or that Bruntsfield/Marchmont would have more than 50% yessers never mind 10 times more, but it's still good to see.

P.S, he came up to me and I told him not to bother as I'm already voting yes, and he gave me a yes sticker. I didn't want to wear it as he insisted so stuck it on a lamppost, by the next day some rager had scratched it off.

jj.png

Oh Soupy, are you not getting enough attention that you need to widen your net ?

:lol:

Did you not spot my opening post "for light relief". All those were written tongue in cheek, it seems that they have caught you and that other poster quite nicely though. :D

I clearly don't mean any of that. Well, other than Falkirk and Dundee. Horrible places that probably should be put under a Simpsons-esque dome once independence is granted. ;)

As for the soupy thing, as you seem so keen to assume I am another poster, care to put your money where your mouth (well fingers) are?

Ayr fans seem pretty pro-independence in general from what I can gather. Apart from one, every single Ayr fan I know is planning to vote Yes. There are a couple of vocal No voters on here but, from the last poll on here, they seem to be the only ones amongst our P&B support.

Flower of Scotland was sung 2 or 3 times every time we played Rangers last season, but I'm pretty sure that was just an attempt at a wind-up. I think it happens fairly often to them.

Dundee fans have done similar at Ibrox and Celtic Park.

I've seen guys who were sporting lion rampants and saltires against the deceased club then turn up the following week with UJs just to wind up the Sellick fans.

By the way CBs shite attempts to tar Dundee fans as NOs is way off - I think we are probably pretty evenly split between, Yes, No, undecided and cannae give a fuq - though possibly edging towards Yes.

Before the usual suspects get giddy about the "lol car stickers and FB photos", yes the following is all anecdotal, as the subject requires.

From my experience, whether or not someone watches football has to he the most strict social factor I've encountered in voting behaviour.

Everyone at my work who likes football is voting Yes and everyone who doesn't is No.

Out of the active Hibs and Hearts fans I know (a sadly low number for someone who's grown up in the city) I don't know know any No Hibbys and all but one or two jambos I know are Yes too.

Despite this, most people I know seem to be No. Apart from the Rangers (who lets face it, would support absolutely anything if it was added to the Rangers, Chelsea, HSV, proddy, Union, royalty book predetermined opinions) I bet practically every club is mostly Yes.

Uh-oh, making the classic rookie mistake of assuming Leith is Edinburgh. If you know your history you'll know that Leith never voted for assimilation, it was all dodgy political shenanigans. Rather apt really considering it's the same way Scotland found itself in the Union.

Absolute shite.

(The Leith being same as everywhere, not the Edinburgh being dead cert No bit)

I often visit Marchmont and Gorgie and tbh there's a lot of Yes signs in windows there the same as down Leith walk. I'd guess those areas will be like 50-60% yes whereas Nicolson street and beyond could be 70% No

I think Edinburgh will have a higher No % than Glasgow will Yes %

I think you're a full on reprobate if your choice in politics is infulenced by football.

Now this is more aimed at the people outwith Rangers and Celtic who really fall under this category.

Sadly the one thing Scotland seems to revel in is handing down political and religious hatred based on family/sport. I know not all Rangers fans support the Union, but I've certainly met a few in my time who do and only do so because they have been indoctrinated to do so. A real shame.

I often visit Marchmont and Gorgie and tbh there's a lot of Yes signs in windows there the same as down Leith walk. I'd guess those areas will be like 50-60% yes whereas Nicolson street and beyond could be 70% No

I think Edinburgh will have a higher No % than Glasgow will Yes %

What will north Edinburgh (Leith aside) do Mr Bairn?

No - Berwick Rangers

Yes - Does any team have mainly Yes supporting supporters? I doubt that. :)

When they polled fans of the biggest six or eight teams (I can't remember) they were all pro-Yes apart from the Rangers Political Indoctrination Society Football Club.

It would seem that merely down to the size of the fanbase, that Falkirk has the biggest number of shitehawks. I'm guessing it's some sort of mutation due to the gasses from Grangemouth. Dundee not far behind. Another small club yet absolutely riddled with greeting faced nodrones.

Dundee has one of the higher number of yes supporters. I'd guess one of the highest. Dundee is yes city.

Dundee has one of the higher number of yes supporters. I'd guess one of the highest. Dundee is yes city.

Right so that's Dundee FC down as pro-yes. What about Dundee United's catchment area?

Archived