Wishaw Juniors v Clydebank Sectional League Cup Quarter Final27/08/201

Wishaw Secretary

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other advantage Wishaw get is the sycological affect that the away changing room has on players. It must be by far the smallest changing room in junior football. In my few visits to Beltane iv even seen players getting changed outside. it's that tight to fit the full team in.

Wishaw in with a good chance of an upset tonight.

Ha-ha yes the 10 of us make a lot of noise.

There's actually quite a lot of local interest in this tie and I'm told that there will be more than a few folk from other Junior clubs in attendance to support the 'wee' team...so wear your velcro-fastening shoes,wl..you'll be counting a lot higher than 10!

Anyhoo,Graeme,the guy who does the Wishy videos,is pretty large,and he can be very vocal. :lol:

Unfortunately,here's the bad news: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/juniors/wishaw-wary-over-exchange-rate-as-bankies-visit-town-177879n.25162994 :(

There's actually quite a lot of local interest in this tie and I'm told that there will be more than a few folk from other Junior clubs in attendance to support the 'wee' team...so wear your velcro-fastening shoes,wl..you'll be counting a lot higher than 10!

Anyhoo,Graeme,the guy who does the Wishy videos,is pretty large,and he can be very vocal. :lol:

Unfortunately,here's the bad news: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/juniors/wishaw-wary-over-exchange-rate-as-bankies-visit-town-177879n.25162994 :(

hahahahaha mind games I bet they play.

Well done Wishaw Juniors, superb performance. Solid in defence where the young no4 lad & old Spud were immense.

Hard working midfield, well marshalled by the no8 lad who gave his all.

Hard working front line nos 9 & 10 were excellent. The home sides no7 scored 2 & was a constant thorn in the Bankies defence.

The pleasing thing about this win for Wishaw, was Bankies played well. Their young no4 midfielder caught my eye, as did their no11.

Well done again, looking forward to next week.

Well done Wishaw. Surprised to see Downs rested and still missing big Kennedy. Dropping like flies at the end but deserved victory in my biased opinion. Bankies are very slick side but Wishaw more than matched them. Tough semi final against Blantyre who have won convincingly the last few times the teams have met. Saturday v Lanark to tackle first though.

Well done Wishaw Juniors, superb performance. Solid in defence where the young no4 lad & old Spud were immense.

Hard working midfield, well marshalled by the no8 lad who gave his all.

Hard working front line nos 9 & 10 were excellent. The home sides no7 scored 2 & was a constant thorn in the Bankies defence.

The pleasing thing about this win for Wishaw, was Bankies played well. Their young no4 midfielder caught my eye, as did their no11.

Well done again, looking forward to next week.

Thanks for the kind word Larky! Young Barry who played along side me was outstanding tonight! In saying that thought all the boys were superb!

Wishaw goalscorers please, full names?

Thought Wishaw made the most of the opportunities that were presented to them. We tried playing our normal footballing game but that's a pitch that punishes such an approach, you simply cannot run with the ball! Looking forward to Saturday where the real football begins for us. Ref was never gonna give us a penalty either, even after the Harlem Globetrotters cameo right before full-time (save of the night in my opinion :P)

Any word on the lad who got a bad injury yesterday at the game? Very good young player.

Was speaking to the lad who was with a friend of mine, he said he could be out for six weeks or six months depending on whether he's damaged ligaments also.

Fingers crossed for the lad.

Kingjad I thought ref did ok. Was a very fast entertaining game. I thought the Wishaw goal he chopped off for offside was actually on but then Bankies could have had a penalty deep in injury time, although I was a fair distance away. Perhaps your video will show more.

Archived