the next time someone say to you............

the_team_for_me

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For someone so easily offended, when it comes right down to it you don't seem to have a position that you are able to defend.

Credibility gone to f**k.

All of your previous arguments have just went to f**k. You just totally blew it.

I thought it would be obvious I was joking ! Especially after my 'high minded' approach to Confi.

Oh yes, the stats I use are all genuine but the stats the other side use are all bollox approach. That makes it perfectly acceptable to label someone an abject c**t.

:lol:

Calm down tiny tears.

My view is that if you're going to debunk someone else's sources/statements, then it helps if your own aren't flimsier than a Max Clifford alibi.

Again, it doesn't matter which set YOU believe, there was a contrary example given, he didn't come out with any 'anti poor' comments or anything to provoke your wrath, if you think labelling him an abject c**t for this is acceptable then I feel for you, there's a pretty good chance your world is going to implode by the 19th of September, you might want to think about how you'll deal with this (whether you think it likely or not).

I'm glad you feel for me.

My point stands.

No acceptance of the issues and how we'll deal with them, just a weak attempt to skew-whiff and rip the pish.

:lol:

Calm down tiny tears.

My view is that if you're going to debunk someone else's sources/statements, then it helps if your own aren't flimsier than a Max Clifford alibi.

It wouldn't matter where the stats or sources were from, the dyed in the wool types on both sides of the argument will rubbish the other sides 'facts'. Really, 'tiny tears' ?

It wouldn't matter where the stats or sources were from, the dyed in the wool types on both sides of the argument will rubbish the other sides 'facts'. Really, 'tiny tears' ?

So no point trying to win the debate - might as well keep moaning then eh?

Say for example you gave me a stat about farming from the NFU website and I tried to debunk it with a link to the Cbeebies website.

How would that sit with you?

I'm glad you feel for me.

My point stands.

No acceptance of the issues and how we'll deal with them, just a weak attempt to skew-whiff and rip the pish.

I disagree with this bit, can't I just find your name calling excessive ? As for not dealing with the issues, pretty much all the issues have been hashed and rehashed on here, going over the same old ground and never agreeing on it doesn't really excite me I'm afraid.

So no point trying to win the debate - might as well keep moaning then eh?

See my reply to Confi. No one is going to convince anyone else on here to change their mind, pretty much all of it has been done to death and I have no interest in debating an issue that has been gone over 10 times before with both sides claiming their view is right.

I disagree with this bit, can't I just find your name calling excessive ? As for not dealing with the issues, pretty much all the issues have been hashed and rehashed on here, going over the same old ground and never agreeing on it doesn't really excite me I'm afraid.

Just because they've been rehashed, doesn't make them any less relevant.

It doesn't excite you because you're afraid to confront the reality of your No vote.

See my reply to Confi. No one is going to convince anyone else on here to change their mind, pretty much all of it has been done to death and I have no interest in debating an issue that has been gone over 10 times before with both sides claiming their view is right.

I seem to be a bit obsessed with this but I'm biased so I don't care: Tom Devine, Scotland's most eminent historian, changed his mind in favour of Yes in the last few weeks. He's one of top intellectuals and he took his time to grapple with the issues and come to a decision.

For you to write the rest of the population off is ridiculous - and incredibly closed-minded.

I seem to be a bit obsessed with this but I'm biased so I don't care: Tom Devine, Scotland's most eminent historian, changed his mind in favour of Yes in the last few weeks. He's one of top intellectuals and he took his time to grapple with the issues and come to a decision.

For you to write the rest of the population off is ridiculous - and incredibly closed-minded.

I'm not sure what your point is here, a guy (who I guess you respect) has changed his mind to now have the same outlook as yourself and because "he's one of our top intellectuals" you think we should all do what he does. That's not really democracy now is it. As for writing off the rest of the population off, how have I done that ? I genuinely don't know what you mean with this ??

I'm not sure what your point is here, a guy (who I guess you respect) has changed his mind to now have the same outlook as yourself and because "he's one of our top intellectuals" you think we should all do what he does. That's not really democracy now is it. As for writing off the rest of the population off, how have I done that ? I genuinely don't know what you mean with this ??

You said that all the arguments have been made and there's no point re-hashing them because everyone has made up their mind.

My point is that a very intelligent man has admitted that he only made up his mind a couple of weeks ago. That's tells me that people can still be won round - and the only way to do that is by engaging with the issues and winning the arguments.

You said that all the arguments have been made and there's no point re-hashing them because everyone has made up their mind.

My point is that a very intelligent man has admitted that he only made up his mind a couple of weeks ago. That's tells me that people can still be won round - and the only way to do that is by engaging with the issues and winning the arguments.

Got you, Confi was trying to get me to have a debate on something that's been done to death on this forum, I really can't be arsed to have that debate due to the fact its going to be futile, neither of us will convince the other one. Nothing to do with the rest of the country, they can toss it back and forth to their hearts content.

One guy changes his mind and you're using him as the poster boy for your logic ? Each to their own but you must see that it doesn't have to follow that everyone else is going to jump into line behind him. I have engaged in arguments and I've drawn my own conclusions from what I've seen and read, I can't see why this is a problem, as I've posted somewhere on here, its not like I'm in a category of 5% swimming against an overwhelming tide, whatever way it goes, there's going to be pretty hefty minority that aren't happy. I do find your approach a bit naive to be honest, "enaging with the issues and winning the arguments" comes across as a bit earnest to me, sorry. As we've seen on here (this forum) that 'winning the arguments' doesn't really change peoples minds on P & B, even if you could get people to admit to losing an argument. :lol:

Got you, Confi was trying to get me to have a debate on something that's been done to death on this forum, I really can't be arsed to have that debate due to the fact its going to be futile, neither of us will convince the other one. Nothing to do with the rest of the country, they can toss it back and forth to their hearts content.

One guy changes his mind and you're using him as the poster boy for your logic ? Each to their own but you must see that it doesn't have to follow that everyone else is going to jump into line behind him. I have engaged in arguments and I've drawn my own conclusions from what I've seen and read, I can't see why this is a problem, as I've posted somewhere on here, its not like I'm in a category of 5% swimming against an overwhelming tide, whatever way it goes, there's going to be pretty hefty minority that aren't happy. I do find your approach a bit naive to be honest, "enaging with the issues and winning the arguments" comes across as a bit earnest to me, sorry. As we've seen on here (this forum) that 'winning the arguments' doesn't really change peoples minds on P & B, even if you could get people to admit to losing an argument. :lol:

It strikes me that you view this whole referendum as a whimsical fancy. A nice passing of the time. A bit of light hearted relief.

Have you actually considered for a second the enormity of what we're voting on here?

It deserves a little gravitas, imo.

It strikes me that you view this whole referendum as a whimsical fancy. A nice passing of the time. A bit of light hearted relief.

Have you actually considered for a second the enormity of what we're voting on here?

It deserves a little gravitas, imo.

Oh totally, that doesn't mean I have to take the Independence sub forum on P & B totally seriously though does it ? There's plenty on here who take it way too seriously, there's room for a little whimsy surely ?

Oh totally, that doesn't mean I have to take the Independence sub forum on P & B totally seriously though does it ? There's plenty on here who take it way too seriously, there's room for a little whimsy surely ?

Not when there's so much at stake chief. That's to say I'm a misery guts. I enjoy japery and tomfoolery as much as the next man, but not when there's so much hinging on this.

Archived