Kilwinning Rangers Season 14/15

Scotlad

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have now been informed that the referee in Question has been reported by his association to the Scottish football association for his part in the fiasco

Strain was on the team sheet prior to kick off, Buffs adhered to the rules and its not our problem if the ref never informed the other team.

So serious is this matter that the ref in question was taken OFF his game yesterday. Strain was not on the team sheet this has been confirmed by two delegates.

What's your take on the rules if a player is injured in the warm up then?

He should be replaced by a player listed on the teamlines as a sub. I am beggining to think that the two team lines were different and that is where the confussion is coming in. Does anybody know if the Buffs teamlines and Lugars copy were different?Why else would the referee take responsibility?

He should be replaced by a player listed on the teamlines as a sub. I am beggining to think that the two team lines were different and that is where the confussion is coming in. Does anybody know if the Buffs teamlines and Lugars copy were different?Why else would the referee take responsibility?

What the difference with him being put straight in or placed as a sub, he is still on the team lines. Show me where this is not allowed. The case was thrown out for a reason.

To me it is obvious why the appeal was thrown out. The referee has allowed two different sets of teamlines. Chris Strain has been on the Buffs but not Lugars copy. That is why the ref is being chastised

To me it is obvious why the appeal was thrown out. The referee has allowed two different sets of teamlines. Chris Strain has been on the Buffs but not Lugars copy. That is why the ref is being chastised

I'm led to believe that's exactly what happened. As a signed player, Chris Strain would have been on the team line. All signed players are as the team sheets are preprinted from SFA. The club secretary would have to put a number next to his name. In this case, apparently Kilwinning did notify the ref and he changed his copy but failed to notify Lugar. (I should say that there are occasions when the ref doesn't hand over a copy of the team lines until after the game.....completely at odds with the rules). Anyway, it's the ref's copy which is sent to the West Region. Lugar didn't realise the original listed player wasn't playing until Kilwinning scored. Afraid the ref seems to be at fault here.

I'm led to believe that's exactly what happened. As a signed player, Chris Strain would have been on the team line. All signed players are as the team sheets are preprinted from SFA. The club secretary would have to put a number next to his name. In this case, apparently Kilwinning did notify the ref and he changed his copy but failed to notify Lugar. (I should say that there are occasions when the ref doesn't hand over a copy of the team lines until after the game.....completely at odds with the rules). Anyway, it's the ref's copy which is sent to the West Region. Lugar didn't realise the original listed player wasn't playing until Kilwinning scored. Afraid the ref seems to be at fault here.

Then Chris Strain got a look at Lugar team line and decided he would play when Mc Gowan got injured in the warm up.Even though he wasn't a listed sub. NOT completely the refs fault but there you go it must be Ok to do that in Buffs land

Then Chris Strain got a look at Lugar team line and decided he would play when Mc Gowan got injured in the warm up.Even though he wasn't a listed sub. NOT completely the refs fault but there you go it must be Ok to do that in Buffs land

I think you'll find Strain will not know many of there players and l am sure it would have been a combined management decision. Can you explain WHY it is not just the refs fault.

Even I can see as a Meadow fan you seem overly obsessed with this. Are you the Lugar manager or committee? Buffs were punished enough last season and even if made a mistake with the team lines didn't deserve another penalty. Would still have got promoted ahead of Lugar anyway in my opinion.

Just seen on the SJFA website that Ryan Caddis will still be serving a suspension on Saturday (correct me if I'm wrong)... Wee boost for the Buffs, he must feel like an absolute plonker now missing the biggest game of the season.

Archived