Plan B

Just interesting that every poster who said they were watching the English football rather than the debate are No voters. Coincidence or just the fact that No voters care more about England than they do about this country?

True to be a true scot you need to watch 100 percent scottish games , which is why if you tune into the Celtic game tonight instead of watching a full scottish game between rangers and queens park you are nothing but a traitor.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True to be a true scot you need to watch 100 percent scottish games , which is why if you tune into the Celtic game tonight instead of watching a full scottish game between rangers and queens park you are nothing but a traitor.

I don't watch either to be honest. I've taken in enough Pollok games in my time to qualify for the "true Scottish football fan" tag. ;)

So this tedious, tedious rhetoric from some Unionists can finally be droppd.

Mr Salmond offered up three Plan B's

Now we could argue all day what the best option is for Scotland post indy (I would eventually like our own Scottish currency with our own central bank) but that wasn't my point in terms of starting this thread.

Salmond said 'he had already explained in detail what the 3 plan B's were' last night. No he fu*kin didn't, he just reeled of a couple of additional options without explaining how any one of them would actually work. Smoke & Mirrors!!

So this tedious, tedious rhetoric from some Unionists can finally be droppd.

Mr Salmond offered up three Plan B's

Now we could argue all day what the best option is for Scotland post indy (I would eventually like our own Scottish currency with our own central bank) but that wasn't my point in terms of starting this thread.

Salmond said 'he had already explained in detail what the 3 plan B's were' last night. No he fu*kin didn't, he just reeled of a couple of additional options without explaining how any one of them would actually work. Smoke & Mirrors!!

If you are not smart enough to look around the world at how other nations are managing and apply it to Scotland then it really says it all. Half the problem with this country is that they are too fucking lazy to research issues and question information they are fed. Scotland will have a currency after independence. EOS.

Just to follow up on the currency issue. If I could guarantee;

1. We will use the Euro and the country will 10% better off; or

2. We will use the GBP and country will be 5% better off; or

3. We will use the Scot£ and country will be 2% better off.

Do you really give a toss what currency you are using? I know that this is a hypothetical and we might actually be worse off under all currency options. Which is kind of my point, it really is a non-issue. The name means nowt, the implementation of it means nowt. In terms of currency, the only thing that matters is it's worth.

If you are not smart enough to look around the world at how other nations are managing and apply it to Scotland then it really says it all. Half the problem with this country is that they are too fucking lazy to research issues and question information they are fed. Scotland will have a currency after independence. EOS.

Of course it will, and most likely the £pound! with a transition period where hopefully both Govs work together to enable a smooth transfer to a Scottish Pound in the event of a Yes vote. But don't pretend in the meantime we won't be under the control of the BoE and the UK Gov holding the purse strings and making key decisions/influence on interest rates, borrowing terms etc.. before agreeing its financially prudent and safe to let us go (£) completely. No-one, particularly the SNP has even attempted to explain how they'll manage the risk in the meantime, or how long it will take whichever currency option we'll opt for, assuming we'll get a say!! June 2016!!? F*ckin No Chance!!

Just interesting that every poster who said they were watching the English football rather than the debate are No voters. Coincidence or just the fact that No voters care more about England than they do about this country?

I can't claim to speak for all but after watching the first debate which apparently 'my guy' won (i had it down as a no score bore draw myself) I wasn't enthused enough for round 2. If that somehow makes me unScottish or whatever , i'll just have to learn with your scorn. Ho hum :-(

Of course it will, and most likely the £pound! with a transition period where hopefully both Govs work together to enable a smooth transfer to a Scottish Pound in the event of a Yes vote. But don't pretend in the meantime we won't be under the control of the BoE and the UK Gov holding the purse strings and making key decisions/influence on interest rates, borrowing terms etc.. before agreeing its financially prudent and safe to let us go (£) completely. No-one, particularly the SNP has even attempted to explain how they'll manage the risk in the meantime, or how long it will take whichever currency option we'll opt for, assuming we'll get a say!! June 2016!!? F*ckin No Chance!!

I am sure that is the SG's preference. It isn't mine but hey ho.

At the end of the day, whatever the outcome, the need for a plan alphabet will only come about should negotiations fail. I am pretty chilled about the whole thing to be honest.

The risk to Scotland is in voting No.

I am sure that is the SG's preference. It isn't mine but hey ho.

At the end of the day, whatever the outcome, the need for a plan alphabet will only come about should negotiations fail. I am pretty chilled about the whole thing to be honest.

The risk to Scotland is in voting No.

I'm glad you're pretty chilled about it mate, but there's a big difference in a leap of faith and a huge blind jump!!

I'm glad you're pretty chilled about it mate, but there's a big difference in a leap of faith and a huge blind jump!!

I'm fed up being on the rollercoaster of fear, a leap of faith from continual recessions isn't really that scary when you look at historical evidence rationally.

Well seeing as how you're almost like the big brother I never had, if I was going to discuss it, you'd be my first choice. :thumsup2

Well seeing as how I'm pretty much guaranteed to be younger than you, not so much of the "big" brother please.

If you ever feel you want to dish the dirt on the mechanics of your No vote or want a bit of enlightenment, I'm yer boy.

:)

Archived