Dundee Utd v Dundee - League Cup 3rd round

The Master

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need a massive performance tomorrow night and Sunday as just plain shite. Utd pressed us really well where as we just sat back and never pressed at all.

I think they'll be a few changes tomorrow night. Bain in for Letheren, McBride in for Ferry and Boyle for Harkins.

It will be a lot closer game than Sunday and it wouldn't surprise me if this goes to extra time.

We need to be able to cope with attackers running at us. So far this season, no team has really done it and so we've been fine. United turned up with no fear and ran at us and got their reward. Hartley has us standing off opposition until they're edge of the box, this isn't good enough against united. Whoever scored for them, Armstrong I think? Ran at us and ran at us, we backed off, wee drop of the shoulder and he got a decent shot away and it's a goal. We can't afford to let that happen again. In short - Davidson does the leg breaking, McBride picks up the loose ball, releases it to McGowan and we go forward, job's a good'un. ;)

:unsure2:

Hmmmm... we've actually got a big league game on Saturday v St Johnstone, so I'd be tempted to rest a few players in the cup game.

Rado

Watson Morris Dillon Telfer

Rankin Donnelly

Ciftci McAlpine Erskine

Mallett

Enough for a solid 2-0 victory.

I think Jackson would do a better job than Donnelly!

It looked like Erskine had a problem when he came off, so Armstrong may start, and I'd have Ciftci straight back in ahead of Bilate for now.

If we're ahead at half time, I'd like to see Telfer and Spittal given a full half to try and impress - it is only the league cup after all.

United failed to sell their allocation, interesting. We MUST start with Boyle and a striker as well, Wighton needs games under his belt so start him.

Would agree with that, Wighton looked good the twenty minutes he played on Sunday. Start him.

Fucking we sold you sold the last time but you sold but we sold and we would have sold more.

Gie the fucking crowd wankfest a fucking rest for fucksakes.

Every fucking game now.

It's embarrassing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ seething.

Archived