Dundee Utd v Dundee - League Cup 3rd round

The Master

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm not sure whether to keep Bilate in (had a pretty good game on Sunday I thought), or get Ciftci back up front with Bilate then coming on as a sub later, Ciftci dropping back if possible/necessary. It'd be a big call leaving out one of our top players, though.

I thought Bilate was awful on Sunday and was by far your worst player. Just a big certhorse basically. I said to my mate beside me that from what I've seen via highlights etc, Brian Graham offers more than Bilate.

Dear sirs,

Before Sunday's game I predicted a standard 3-0 United victory and was shot down, tonight I predict a 5-0 victory for the best team in Scotland.

We are at home, we have our two best players to come back in and surely we can't play that poorly two games running.

Also, wtf is this chat about Dundee being an award winning total footballing, possession passing, attacking at will and undeniably handsome team all about?

Maybe it's because you don't see much decent football but the type of football DFC play is not anything to be proud of, you're all screaming for clogging and punting like you have done for 40 years.

You're pish, you have been pish for all of my life and will continue to be pish until the day I die some 174 years from now. The sooner you accept that the happier you will be with your lot.

Yours etc.

A

Hulltoon.

I thought Bilate was awful on Sunday and was by far your worst player. Just a big certhorse basically. I said to my mate beside me that from what I've seen via highlights etc, Brian Graham offers more than Bilate.

The modern lone striker role is so hard to judge in terms of performance, an example being the wide range of opinions on Bilate's performance on Sunday. Even your Van Persies, Girouds, Agueros and Costas can be largely anonymous in terms of possession and ball retention/layoffs, but be judged as effective.

Most of the game is spent being beasted by the centre-backs, often with the back to goal, and having to chase down scraps time and again often with little support. In such circumstances, what's a 'really good' performance? Winning 25% of the balls hit your way? Converting 75% of those into good layoffs? Tireless pressing until you're subbied on 70 minutes? Pulling defenders out of position to create space for your attacking midfielders? Scoring a goal?

Also, what Ando said.

The shop is open right up to ko and for 30 mins after.

I know that last bit doesn't help for tickets but I phoned up earlier as I wanted to buy stuff from the shop tonight.

Ok cheers. Will try and phone them when I get back from work. This rush might mean a visit to the pub pre-match might be a struggle :(

any tickets left for this? either end, not fussed.

There were "about 500" United tickets left at 10am this morning when I called.

Sure you'll still be able to get one on its own for any stand or more than one seat together for the Jerry Kerr.

01382 833166, option 1.

any tickets left for this? either end, not fussed.

Are you Biggie's missus?

There were "about 500" United tickets left at 10am this morning when I called.

Sure you'll still be able to get one on its own for any stand or more than one seat together for the Jerry Kerr.

01382 833166, option 1.

How's the wee lass?

Dear sirs,

Before Sunday's game I predicted a standard 3-0 United victory and was shot down, tonight I predict a 5-0 victory for the best team in Scotland.

We are at home, we have our two best players to come back in and surely we can't play that poorly two games running.

Also, wtf is this chat about Dundee being an award winning total footballing, possession passing, attacking at will and undeniably handsome team all about?

Maybe it's because you don't see much decent football but the type of football DFC play is not anything to be proud of, you're all screaming for clogging and punting like you have done for 40 years.

You're pish, you have been pish for all of my life and will continue to be pish until the day I die some 174 years from now. The sooner you accept that the happier you will be with your lot.

Yours etc.

A

Hulltoon.

and you have seen Dundee how many times this season ?

9000 is piss poor when you consider you are top of the league and think you are going to pump us again tonight 6/10 for effort.

You'll be delighted to know that United apparently have less than 100 tickets unsold as I type with hours til kickoff, shifting more than 500+ today. Some club.

What invergowriearab said. Incredible effort, 11/10.

Archived