Hamilton v Motherwell

Desp

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we genuinely don't care about Hamilton. For 'Well fans that are around my age (mid-late 20s) we've never had a proper rival to play on a regular basis. For the older generations, it was always Airdrie that were the big rivals - never Accies.

If we lose tomorrow night, it won't feel any worse than losing to Kilmarnock, St.Mirren or Partick.

You seem to really dislike Motherwell though. Wire in.

Pretty much this. Airdrie, or more precisely Airdrieonians, were always our hated local rivals as far as I was concerned and that rivalry died with the club.

I actually quite admire Accies for what they have achieved with what amounts to apathetic local support and anyone that goes along to Douglas Park rather than support Rangers or Celtic is OK by me.

As someone else said I think there will be one win each and we will get the points at Fir Park on Saturday.

:lol: Incredible claim. Evidence please.

I was a youth player at Accies for 5 years....took over Hammy duties the season Craig Smillie was in and around the first team.....Mr Struthers can back this up....may also have the newspapers it was in....front page of daily record said 'hammy see's red'.....the following week we played Newcastle and i(hammy) got pictured hugging Lua Lua so daily record printed this with the heading 'hammy makes amends'. Good times!

'Mon Accies! Let's pound these manky b*****ds into the ground the night and send them back tae their North Lanarkshire slums with their tails firmly between their legs! 8)

Sadly Desp and deky are far from alone in being Motherwell supporters from South Lanarkshire slums. Hope the good guys win.

Team is as follows...

ACCIES: McGovern, Gordon, Devlin, Gillespie, Hendrie, Neil, Andreu, Crawford, Longridge, Redmond, Brophy.

Subs: Hill (GK), Lyon, McGrath, Watson, Imrie, Scotland, Docherty.

Canning, Tena and MAC still out.

Can't see us getting the win here, i'll be optimistic and say 1-1 with it going to pens.

Archived